Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayZ1
Contributor III
Contributor III

TOS_*-macosx-cocoa.app VS TOS_*-macosx-cocoa-aarch64.app for Mac M1 laptop

Hi,

Any recommendations on which to use? I noticed macosx-cocoa.app initially opened up on my m1 easily and macosx-cocoa-aarch64.app popped up with an error, so I will be going with the first one. Anyone else notice what worked on m1?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

OS_*-macosx-cocoa.app is the one to use if you have x64 Java running on your machine. The aarch64 version is if you are using the arm64 version of Java. I suspect you are using the Java x64 version with Rosetta on your Mac.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

OS_*-macosx-cocoa.app is the one to use if you have x64 Java running on your machine. The aarch64 version is if you are using the arm64 version of Java. I suspect you are using the Java x64 version with Rosetta on your Mac.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Currently, OS X Monterey is not supported officially yet. Please refer to this online documentation: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems

If there is a JVM selection issue, you could try the suggestions here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25753966/eclipse-jvm-shared-library-does-not-contain-the-jni-cre...

Note: Talend V 8.0 requires Java 11 to start, and not Java 8.

Best regards

Sabrina