Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notboby
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Open Studio on a Mac M1 machine

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure the latest version of Talend open studio on a Mac mini with the M1 chip.

I installed the latest version of open jdk 1.8 for apple ARM machines (

https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?version=java-8-lts&os=macos&architecture=arm-64-bit&package=jdk)

and I configured the path in the ini file.

Unfortunately when I launch the studio, the icon jumps once and nothing happens.

Even if the studio is not compatible, I was hoping that Rosetta 2 would allow to launch it.

Have you done any testing on these machines on your end?

Is there a procedure to follow?

Thanks for your help

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is online installation guide about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems for V 7.3.1

In the documentation we provide a list of operating systems that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) operating systems will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

Vijay_K_N
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone suggest me how to install talend studio on mac m1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It is a new feature and currently, OS X Monterey is not supported yet.

Note that studio 8.0 requires Java 11 to start, and not Java 8.

Best regards

Sabrina

wwang
Contributor
Contributor

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Installing-Studio-on-macOS-fails-with-the-error-Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa-executable-launcher-was-unable-to-locate-its-companion-shared-library-xnQWQ?language=en_US

this can fix it, a important details:

you need to run "xattr -c -r ." outside unzip studio home dir.