Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend 7.2.1 After Start of Talend Open Studio Loading SDK components takes to long

Hello Community,

after downloading und starting talend open studio 7.2.1, the loading sdk components screen takes to long.

I dont receive an error in the metadata -> log file.

I am using VPN connection for a remote connection.

I am using windows 10, 8 gb ram.

What can i do to solve this problem?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swatisood8
Contributor II
Contributor II

This has now been resolved. I am posting the solution here so that it helps others in future. 

There is a patch update that is required in order to fix these issues :

• Unable to start up Talend - "executing task in background....please wait". 
  • Talend screen getting hanged/not responding while running any job.

You need to reach out to your key contact at Talend Support. They will send the required patch update. These patch updates are cumulative in effect. Your Talend contact at your company will apply these updates in whatever Talend version you are working.  Once you open Talend, you need to click on "update" to be able to proceed (attached screenshot).

All the issues will be resolved and Talend will work smoothly. 

Capture2.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Community,

we are also having this issue, discribed by the threads author.

We have implemented a new test environment for our customer, to test our custom components and our old jobs from Talend 6.1.1. Everything worked fine until beginning of the last week. At this time, talend studio shows "executing task in background" while opening it. You will only be able to continue to the workspace/connection view, when you skip this. When selecting a project to open, Talend studio will stay at "Loading SDK components..." (see attached Screenshot). To get finally into the project you have only the possibility to interrupt the internet connection. This will force Talend Studio to interrupt snychronization with the TAC. But this is no option for us, because we want synchronization between talend studio and the TAC.

We are also working via VPN with Windows 8.1 Notebooks (8GB RAM). We don't think, there is a network issue, because there where no firewall changes in that time.

Is this at this moment a known error for Talend?

Best Regards

Matthias

LoadingSDKComponents.PNG
swatisood8
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I am receiving the exact same error. Until few days ago, Talend was working fine. 
Now, as soon as i startup Talend, it gives me errors like "Running tasks in background" and it takes forever for it to complete. 

Actually, it never completes and i have to click on "cancel" to be able to proceed with the Talend Studio. I am attaching the screenshot for reference. 

I tried increasing the memory as mentioned in other posts but that still doesn't work. 

Configurations :

windows 10, 16 GB ram

I am connected to a VPN.

Is anyone of the reason for this error and it's possible fix ?  

Capture1.PNG
swatisood8
Contributor II
Contributor II

This has now been resolved. I am posting the solution here so that it helps others in future. 

There is a patch update that is required in order to fix these issues :

• Unable to start up Talend - "executing task in background....please wait". 
  • Talend screen getting hanged/not responding while running any job.

You need to reach out to your key contact at Talend Support. They will send the required patch update. These patch updates are cumulative in effect. Your Talend contact at your company will apply these updates in whatever Talend version you are working.  Once you open Talend, you need to click on "update" to be able to proceed (attached screenshot).

All the issues will be resolved and Talend will work smoothly. 

Capture2.PNG
mgchong
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Is there any fixed version for this issue? Thanks.

Regards,
Mgchong
swatisood8
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Mgchong,

Did yoy try the solution that I provided above? Did you try reaching out to the Talend Support team within your company/department as they will be able to provide the required patch update? 

Regards,

Swati 

mgchong
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi swatisood8,

Not yet. Actually I am expect a fixed release version. But I will try the patch update. 

Many Thanks.

mgchong