Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchanabc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend Data Integration 8.0.1.20211109_1610 bug

Hi all,

I came across a bug in Talend Data Integration 8.0.1.20211109_1610 where whenever I run a Talend job , a very basic job with 0 components, I can getting the following error: "Error: missing `server' JVM at `/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server/libjvm.dylib'. Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components." It seems like Talend is looking for a file named "libjvm.dylib" but the openJDK 17.0.2 has the same file named as "libjli.dylib". I have already tried renaming the file but every time I relaunch Talend, it fails saying 'The JVM shared library "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/../lib/server/libjvm.dylib" does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol.'. As a temporarily workaround, I am creating a copy of libjli.dylib and renaming it to /libjvm.dylib. Then, whenever I exit Talend, I have to remember to remove the file again. This workaround is simple but can be annoying over time. Is this a known issue for anyone else? My system info is below

system info

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

JDK 17 is not a compatible Java version, please install Java 8 or 11, for more details, please read installation documentation.

Regards

Shong

tchanabc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Shong for responding so quickly. I have changed the JRE to java 11 and am facing the same issue. See the screenshots below.

0695b00000SsM8WAAV.png 

0695b00000SsM8HAAV.png0695b00000SsM87AAF.png0695b00000SsM7xAAF.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Open the log file which is located in <studio installation directory>/workspace/.metadata/ and check Which Java version is used to launch studio.

Regards

Shong

tchanabc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am seeing java 17.0.2 on the log LINE 2646

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching 4 4 2022-07-17 12:49:03.914

!MESSAGE Failed to retrieve default libraries for /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching 4 4 2022-07-17 12:49:03.988

!MESSAGE Process returned with error code "4".

Command line arguments: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx16m -classpath /Applications/TOSDI-8.0.1/studio/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/282/0/.cp/lib/launchingsupport.jar org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.support.LibraryDetector

Output: Standard output:

Standard error:

Error: missing `server' JVM at `/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server/libjvm.dylib'.

Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.

!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Process returned with error code "4".

Command line arguments: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx16m -classpath /Applications/TOSDI-8.0.1/studio/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/282/0/.cp/lib/launchingsupport.jar org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.support.LibraryDetector

Output: Standard output:

Standard error:

Error: missing `server' JVM at `/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server/libjvm.dylib'.

Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.

tchanabc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Shong,

I was able to fix the issue by renaming 'jdk-17.0.2.jdk' in /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines so talend doesnt find it. But, I feel this is still a bug that needs to be addressed. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Tim