Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathir_S
Contributor II
Contributor II

Talend Scheduled Job fails to start in Windows Task Scheduler after Java update

I have installed the Talend and a folder is created in this name TOS_DI-Win32-20190620_1446-V7.2.1.  After that I have installed Java jre-8u231-windows-x64.  After that I build the talend jobs and scheduled it in windows task scheduler everything works fine. 

But when I receive an update from Java once I update the Java my talend scheduled job fails to start in windows task scheduler.  In order to prevent this what has to be done.

Labels (1)
  • v7.x

3 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

What's the new Java version? TOS 7.2.1 was a very old version, the latest Java version isn't compatible with it. I suggest you to use a compatible java version for the jobs built with v7.2.1.

Regards

Shicong

Kathir_S
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So what you are telling if there is any Java update we should not update it.  Because Talend Open Studio Versions will work with compatible Java Version.  Please correct me if i am wrong.

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Yes, like this documentation page that shows in which Java environment the corresponding items can be executed for version 8.0.1.