Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Studio Not Working

Hello All,

We are using Talend Big Data Edition. When I open the studio, in initial pop-up I am not able to do anything like when Finish button is not enabled when radio button is selected like Create New Project, Import Existing Project etc.

Even the Manage connection option is not doing anything when I clicked on it. What is the possible cause for this issue and how to resolve it?. I have attached the screenshot.

Thanks In Advance,

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What machine are you using (or I should say operating system)? Have you used this version before on that machine? If it is Windows, have tried clicking alt+tab to see if there is a pop-up message that needs to be got rid of before you can access this screen? We'll need a little more data before we can identify what might be happening here.

Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OS is Windows. It is already used in that machine. When I click on Alt+Tab, no other pop-up is available

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's JDK version are you using?

Could you please upload the log message? Which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log   

Best regards

Sabrina

Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Java Version = jre1.8.0_131. Inside the workspace folder only .JETEmitters folder is available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE.

We are suspecting that there is something wrong with your installation. As you are using talend big data platform solution V 6.5, are you install your studio via talend installer or by manual?

Best regards

Sabrina

Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Using Talend Installer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you completely remove the installation and start again. Also, ensure you have the JDK and not just the JRE (although if you have already used it on that machine, I suspect your Java is OK).

Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Talend Studio Installer installs the JRE not JDK. After installation if I need to change from JRE to JDK what are all things I need to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My original thought was that you may be missing the correct version of Java and that it would lead to the error you can see in this article......

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Requiring-a-JDK-installation-to-build-jobs-starting-from-version-hPFQJ?language=en_US

I'm afraid it has been a few years since I have worked with v6, so I don't recall what exactly is in the installation. But you will need to ensure that you have a JDK installed. The article above talks about this.

Can I ask, what has changed since the last version you had running on this machine? Was the last version you used v6.5 as well? This seems like a very unusual issue for a machine that has already had Talend running on it.