Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend compatibilty with MacOS 10.15

Hi, in a matter of days the new macOS version will be released (10.15) and I'm wondering if you tested the Talend 7.1 and 7.2 instalments already on the beta versions of this macOS release? Last year there were major issues with Talend on 10.14 as the tMap no longer functioned and crashed the Studio when clicking OK. 

As the official compatibility still only mentions macOS versions up to 10.13, I'm afraid a similar bug/issue will occur with the newest release as well. 

Please confirm you (Talend) or someone else in the community tested the Talend (Open) Studio versions for this new release (beta edition) already and that it is OK to upgrade my Macbook later this month to the newest and most secure version of the OS. 

Thank you

Labels (2)
19 Replies
jd101k2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have been using 7.2.1 on Catalina MacOS 10.15 for a few weeks now. It doesn't seem to introduce any new bugs.

jd101k2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you are finding in-place upgrades a problem, just wondering if you have tried customising connections. (If you have, then the rest of the information is not for you, I'm just trying to be helpful - apologies.)

Here is what I do to help. First I store all my projects in one folder (e.g. /user/my user name/workspace). As this is a MacOs thread, I am assuming readers will be on MacOS.

I then have all the project folders in there.

When I open Talend for the first time after installing a new version and it lists the projects to open, I click on Manage Connections. I then amend the connection with the location of the projects, my email address, my name, etc.

This stops Talend from storing all the projects in a sub-directory of its installation folder.

If they were historically in another folder, export them using the relevant version of Talend and a connection that pointed to their original location, restart Talend with the new connection and import them into their new home.

As this folder is constant from one upgrade to the next of Talend, the first time I open a project with a new version of Talend it upgrades the project. No more upgrade hell!

Several caveats:

1) This assumes that you want all projects working on the latest version of Talend that you have installed. (Although Talend will only upgrade jobs when you open them.)

2) If you only open projects with older versions of Talend they will not be upgraded. (Be careful as an older version of Talend cannot open a job after it has been upgraded.)

3) Ensure that you have superb backups if you are using multiple versions of Talend in case you commit an error and upgrade a job that you do not want upgraded.

For the most part this works, I have only had one project that did not survive the upgrade... but I did have superb backups.

As I say, that is my practice. If it helps, great!

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

sounds like a good way of working indeed. I was more talking about the inplace upgrade of the platform software (TAC, Nexus, ...). Last year, the solution was to upgrade to new studio and that usually means new platform altogether. But luckily the Talend Software works on Catalina. Did not encounter any issues with an already installed Talend 7.1 setup. As pointed out in previous replies, installation on Catalina cannot use the 32bit executable but needs the ZIP file instead (download, extract, fix potential issues as instructed before). 

Thanks for your feedback! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot install Talend Open Studio for Integration on macOS Catalina. 10.15 MacBook Pro.  I read some posts and it mentions downloading zip version. I cannot find  any zip file in download section and when I download Mac version, it provides a DMG ( Mac installer file ).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

jd101k2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

Just download the general version that does windows and Linux. (Not windows only). It has the Mac version in it too.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great. Where can I find this general version. Below link only has windows and Mac versions. 

https://www.talend.com/products/talend-open-studio/

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the link in other releases at the footer of the page 0683p000009MACn.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can download the general version from this page:
https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration-manuals-release-notes/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to install Talend Open Studio for Data Integration but the installer does nothing when I try to open it. I'm assuming I'm dealing with the same problem in the post I'm replying to (I'm on Catalina 10.15.2). The only installer download I can find is at https://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio#t4, but it's a .dmg, not a .zip. Where is this zip file? Thanks for any help you can give me.