Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved.

I've installed 2 weeks ago TOS for Big Data 7.2.1 in Windows 10 with all additional packages. JDK (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-13.0.1\...) is also updated and it was installed before Talend.

When I intend to set up an File delimited entry (I tried CSV al XLSX) in Metadata I get the following error.

Please advice.

Thanks

!ENTRY org.talend.designer.runprocess 4 0 2019-12-01 12:01:58.294
!MESSAGE Error Message: The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
!STACK 0
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Error Message: The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkShadowFileError(JobErrorsChecker.java:443)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowProcess.runWithErrorOutputAsException(ShadowProcess.java:377)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:86)
	at org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
	at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1309)
	at org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
JDK 13 is NOT a supported Java version, only Java 8 or 11 is compatible forTalend Studio, please refer to documentation
https://help.talend.com/reader/LttzgwOFiGHMMQZAUlZfMg/tHEyjp1YQPF0teohJoBueA

Regards
Shong

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
JDK 13 is NOT a supported Java version, only Java 8 or 11 is compatible forTalend Studio, please refer to documentation
https://help.talend.com/reader/LttzgwOFiGHMMQZAUlZfMg/tHEyjp1YQPF0teohJoBueA

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have 8, too. I changed the settings in Window to point to Java 8. I add an entry in Path and I changed JAVA_HOME to point to Java 8. I have restarted Talend (not yet the computer) and I got this.:-(

Could not find or load main class star_load.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: star_load.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput

Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1300)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@dansitar, I see the topic has been marked as solved, can you confirm that the problem has been resolved after you change JDK version to 8 or you still have the same error?

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Uninstalled the latest JDK and reinstall the latest JRE.

Thanks,

Dan.