Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION - Trying to connect to Netsuite Sandbox

Hello talend Community,

I am trying to connect Talend to our NetSuite Sandbox. However I run into an error message that has nothing to offer but: "UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION". I do not know how to go on from here. There is already a topic for this run but sadly it did not help: 

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Oracle-Netsuite-Input-component-is-not-workin...

We are using the following Endpoint: "https://[Account].suitetalk.api.netsuite.com/services/NetSuitePort_2016_2" 

We created a new user, role and permission set for web services on the site of Netsuite.

See screenshot for error that occurs when we try to get the Record type:

0683p000009LuH6.png

Has anyone else this problem or can someone explain the solution from  https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Oracle-Netsuite-Input-component-is-not-workin...

We are running on Windows 10 and this happens in Open Studio Version 6.4.1 as well as in 7.0.1 and in the Trial Version of Data Integration 6.5.1

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It doesn't seem like the latest API is supported, which is needed to get to the new tables. Are you able to use the Generic JDBC connector to see the NetSuite table? In the JDBC URL, please try to use the 2018 version.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you making more than one API call to NetSuite at the same time with the same user credentials?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sabrina,

thanks for your reply. No, we are not making more than one API call. We created a new User with a new Role etc. The configuration in Netsuite seems to be the same no matter the kind of web integration. We followed these instructions: https://community.boomi.com/thread/6235

Our Netsuite Web Protocoll says the login was successful. Is there another way to test the connection than "searching" for record types? In general I have a hard  time finding good documentation for the part where you connect Netsuite to Talend. It is definitly possible to connect Talend to Netsuite right? 

Edit: The documentation regarding the API says: "Select the API version corresponding to the version of NetSuite you are using." We are using NetSuite v 2018.1. Talend only offers API 2016.2. Is this a problem? If so, how can anyone connect Talend with Netsuite?

Thanks in Advance and Greetings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It doesn't seem like the latest API is supported, which is needed to get to the new tables. Are you able to use the Generic JDBC connector to see the NetSuite table? In the JDBC URL, please try to use the 2018 version.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks again for your reply. If I understand you correctly we will not be able to use the Netsuite components right now? On the other hand I was indeed able to establish a connection using the JDBC connector. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction. I needed a special driver for Netsuite but that's a differents story 0683p000009MA9p.png

I am able now to get all the tables I need.

Thanks and Greetings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you guide me with the steps used to connect to 2018.1?

Regards,

Apoorv

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please tell us how were you achieve that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

AS of now we support Only Netsuite API 2014 and 2016 versions only till talend V7.0.1, you could try to use generic JDBC to connect to Netsuite 2018.

Please refer to this online user guide about:TalendHelpCenter: Setting up a JDBC connection.

Best regards

Sabrina