Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Unable to cleanly start/stop Remote Engine

Hi,

I'm currently installing the Remote Engine on a Linux box (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2) but I encounter some issues specially when trying to stop.

Installation has been made with root user as for following operations.

Here is the situation:

• "trun" command starts and pair the engine which is marked it as available from the TMC, but after that I'm unable to can't stop it using "ctrl-d" or "system:shutdown" (no response at all, engine continue to run and marked as unavailable from TMC).
    Need to use a kill -9 to stop it.
  • "trun &" starts the engine as well, but job is immediately stoppped (response to "bg" command is "[1]+ Stopped") and marked as unavailable from the TMC. If I do a "fg" command, I can entrer karaf commands and the engine is marked as available from the TMC. Here alse I am unable to stop it using dedicated commands.
  • starting the engine as a service works fine, the engine starts and is marked as available from the TMC, also responding "karaf is running" when using "service Talend-Remote-Engine-service status" command. However, using "service Talend-Remote-Engine-service stop" doesn't work
    [root@myServerName bin]# service Talend-Remote-Engine-service stop
    Stopping karaf...
    Waiting for karaf to exit...
    Here again I need to kill the process to stop it.
  • Starting the engine when the server is rebooted (with "chkconfig Talend-Remote-Engine-service on") also doesn't work as expected (service is not launched at boot time).

Used versions is Talend-RemoteEngine-V2.8.3-171-Linux-x64.

Any idea would be welcome to help me solve these issues.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi there,

For those interested by the subject, it seems using "tstart" instead of "trun" solved the issue for starting the remote engine manually.
To stop the engine when started as a service, if "service Talend-Remote-Engine-service stop" doesn't stop it immediately, you can do a ctrl-c then repeate "service Talend-Remote-Engine-service stop".

Strange behaviour and strange to have no answer from anyone here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TRF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi there,

For those interested by the subject, it seems using "tstart" instead of "trun" solved the issue for starting the remote engine manually.
To stop the engine when started as a service, if "service Talend-Remote-Engine-service stop" doesn't stop it immediately, you can do a ctrl-c then repeate "service Talend-Remote-Engine-service stop".

Strange behaviour and strange to have no answer from anyone here.