Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to install Talend Open Studio.

I am unable to install Open Studio.  I have installed Jave JRE (Version 😎 and I think I set up the JAVA_HOME Variable correctly.  I am installing on a Widows 10 device (64bit) 

Attached is the error log.  

I was hoping to use the Auto-install feature but I was unable to find a download for it. Also I have not been able to find a video that is at all helpful on how to download and install from start to finish. I am looking for something super basic... people who do not even know what JAVA is or how to set a JAVA_HOME Variable. 

I appreciate any help. 

-Brian

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

make sure JAVA_HOME ist correctly set as a "system environment variable", may also see attach as a sample.

Otherwise check the solved issue below (same problem).

https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Problem-starting-Talend-Java-was-started-bu...

BR Bp

2018-02-26 17_17_38-Environment Variables.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What does it mean to add JAVA_HOME to system level Environment?  I just want to install this program I do not want to be messing with system settings that I have no idea what they are...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I managed to find the System environment variable and set.. I think it is correct.  But I am still unable to install. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

the JAVA_HOME settings  on system level Environment, helps your studio to start properly.

BR Bp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

did you follow the install guide ? 

May the following resource resource will  help you  ?

https://help.talend.com/reader/n8h_PKyuzMWANLfGXzM1lQ/MDauhq9nl1m0FXZX~aHp9Q

BR Bp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I followed the guide and still unable to install.  Here is a picture of my configuration.

Variables.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Can you please execute java -version in command prompt to see if your java environment is set correctly?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian,

JRE is not good enough! You need to install a full Java JDK.

Hop eit helps to succeed!

BR Bp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have installed the full Java JDK and i have a new error.  i am able to get further along the process, but once the Talend installer starts it throws an error box and stops the install.  It creates a .log file in the configuration folder.  attached is that .log file.  This one is for Data Quality, but I get the same error for all of my installs. 

1519752689738.log