Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGiuditti
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to open a job, no palette components available

Hi all, I've got a problem on Talend Open Studio configuration. It is not possible to access to the components of the palette, when opening a job.

After some search, I found that, in Window ----> Preferences -----> Java , clicking on "Installed JREs",it gives me an error: "

Unable to create the selected preference page.

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui (275).

"

In the attachments, you'll find the errors and the complete log.

I've tried installing different versions of Azul Zulu JDK-JRE, I even tried the official JDK from Oracle website, but still doesn't work.

Do you have a solution, or some suggestions?

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGiuditti
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok, I solved this one changing the Properties ------> Path on the Desktop Icon. It was set to ""C:\Program Files (x86)\TOS_DI-8.0.1\studio\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe" -vm "C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-11-jre\bin"". I changed it to ""C:\Program Files (x86)\TOS_DI-8.0.1\studio\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe" -vm "C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-11\bin"". I was pointing at the JRE instead of the JDK. Now, I can see again components on my palette, and the version of Java in "Installed JREs".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CGiuditti
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Current JRE version I installed is Zulu 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christian Giuditti​ , what is your TOS version? please refer to the installation guide, depending on the product version you are using, make sure you use the compatible system and Java version.

CGiuditti
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok, I solved this one changing the Properties ------> Path on the Desktop Icon. It was set to ""C:\Program Files (x86)\TOS_DI-8.0.1\studio\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe" -vm "C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-11-jre\bin"". I changed it to ""C:\Program Files (x86)\TOS_DI-8.0.1\studio\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe" -vm "C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-11\bin"". I was pointing at the JRE instead of the JDK. Now, I can see again components on my palette, and the version of Java in "Installed JREs".