Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade Studio

Hi,

I am new with talend.

We are three developers, and upgraded the studio to Version 8.0.1. The other two upgraded the studio and pushed the migrated project to origin. I uprgraded Studio also and migrate the local branch. But when I want to try to pull and merge the changes from the other from origin, then i get a message: "The project version [NMB_TALEND_ETL(8.0.1.20220729_0744-patch)] on the target branch is lower than your Studio version. Migrate your project first.

I didn't understand that. I migrated my branch, so why get I this message.

Can someone help me?

Another question, what is the best way to update Studio when working with three developers on one project?

Regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hmm, one update.

The Problem seem to be in git or whatever. The remote repository has the old Talend Studio patch in master branch. So thats the reason why I get the message.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ppatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Team,

Can you please check if the all the users are on the same patch version ?

ppatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Team,

Can you please check if the all the users are on the same patch version ?

Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK, I think the chance is not very high, cause there was less then one hour between upgrading the studios. But, may be you are right.

Where can I find the installed patch version?

When i call about, I see only: Version: 8.0.1 Build id: R2022-08

But in the error message above there is 8.0.1.20220729_0744-patch mentioned.

Thanks, Telge

ppatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can install the latest patch which is R2022-08 on all the environment where the studio is installed.

ppatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you have the structure like Reference and main project then first access the Reference project and committed using the new version Studio, then launch back to the main project and do Pull and Merge.

Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hmm, one update.

The Problem seem to be in git or whatever. The remote repository has the old Talend Studio patch in master branch. So thats the reason why I get the message.