Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ztrevisan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Using GIT with Talend Open Studio Versions > 7.3

Hi all

as I have just recently upgraded from previously < 7.3 Talend Open Studio versions I had to find the new way of enabling git integration for the current version 8.0.1. Since I have not found corresponding information by google I wanted to share the process to do this:

1. with TOS 8 I have used Egit Eclipse Plugin Version org.eclipse.egit.repository-5.12.0.202106070339-r downloaded from archive.eclipse.org.
  2. as previously, the two content of the two folders "plugins" and "feature" go into the subfolders of your TOS installation with the same name.
  3. In contrast to previous versions however, in the feature subfolder the jars need to be unpacked. Delete the jars as they will throw unnecessary errors and just leave the unpacked folders in the feature directory
  4. in the folder ../configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/ there is a file named bundles.info. This file needs to be edited and all the jars delivered by the egit plugin living in the "plugins" directory need to be manually added to the bundles.info file with its name, version, path, stage and enable/disable flag. Set all enablue flags to true.

Now, after a start of TOS the Git Perspective should be available.

Cheers

Zeno

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution and process on Community.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution and process on Community.

Best regards

Sabrina

TStarkmsg
Contributor II
Contributor II

I tried with Open Studio 8.0.1M12 and it didn't work... no git view...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As 8.0.1M12 is milestone version for testing only, could you please try to use released version 8.0.1 to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

TStarkmsg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Now I am able to integrate it in 8.0.1M12, but not in 8.0.1...

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.mylyn.ui 4 0 2023-08-09 02:46:26.145

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.egit.mylyn.ui [195]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core; bundle-version="[3.20.0,4.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:1849)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:136)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1842)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1785)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1747)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1669)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:345)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jgit.pgm 4 0 2023-08-09 02:46:26.145

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.jgit.pgm [333]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jetty.server; version="[9.4.5,10.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:1849)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:136)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1842)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1785)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1747)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1669)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:345)