Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talend_user123456787654

What are the challenges or known issues while migrating code from open studio to enterprise studio

What are the challenges or known issues while migrating code from open studio to enterprise studio

Labels (5)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The scope of your issue is a little wide. Usually, the jobs are exported from Talend open studio to Talend subscription studio with valid migration token not code.

What's talend build version are you using? Are you trying to move your job from talend open studio to talend cloud solution? As far as we know, some known issues are fixed in latest released version.

We will appreciate it a lot if you could give us more description about your job requirement and current situation.

Best regards

Sabrina

Talend_user123456787654
Author

I have jobs currently in Talend open studio which I am trying to export and then open through Talend cloud licensed product. I have around 100 jobs in open studio those need to be migrated to cloud. What could be the limitations and issues that I might face during this migration so that I can plan accordingly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

At the very first step, please note that there is limitation for your to migrate jobs from talend open studio to subscription solution after 7.0.

It is to avoid to import ANY unsigned item to the product. 

Talend subscription products after the 7.0 will always sign the jobs. TOS product will never sign the jobs. which means you need a migration token for any job to import either coming from TOS or from jobs < 7.0.

Have you already created a support case to apply for a valid migration token?

Best regards

Sabrina

Talend_user123456787654
Author

Yes, the token is already provided to us. Could you help if any issues faced while importing multiple jobs with different design architecture(components,metadata,context,connections,etc) and then publishing them to the cloud console.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please try to increase the memory as much as possible in case of Java heap space issue and pay more attention about git config and credentials in your cloud console.

Feel free to post your issues here when do the migration task from talend open studio to Talend cloud licensed product.

Best regards

Sabrina