Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to get the Oracle sdoutil and sdoapi.jar

Hi, I'm using Open Studio Data integration 6.3 and have added a Oracle db connection. It checks fine. But when I want to use it in a job I get an error stating I need 2 additional jar files: sdoapi and sdoutil.jar.

I'v searched in the Oracle server, on the Oracle website and googled around. But I can't find the 2 files. Can someone tell me where to get them? Thank you.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It looks like sdoapi and sdoutil.jar are used for Geometry in oracle. Do you want to write geographical data to an SDO_GEOMETRY column in Oracle? What's JDK version you are using?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It is strange why TOS wants the jars because I want to extract plain data from a Oracle db and not geographical info. I'm using jdk1.8.0_112.

But I have found the jar on https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/oracle/sdoapi/11.2.0. Talend accepts the 2 jars and now I have a working connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We have made a testing on talend open studio V 6.3 and it doesn't want the jars. What's oracle version you are trying to connect?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I had it with 2 db connections. One Oracle 10 and one Oracle 11. As soon as I dragged the db from the metadata to the job field it gave the error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Does this issue also repro on V 6.5.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I've installed V6.3 and V6.5.1 locally for this test.

Version 6.5.1 works nicely. The local 6.3 also gives the error. I've added a printscreen. But most important is that it functions. I can't upgrade to 6.5 just yet because if I create jobs in 6.5 there's a risk it won't run on 6.3 environments. I share my jobs with other organisations in the same field (local government) who also run 6.3. I'll ask if they also have the jar problem.

sdo-jars.JPG