Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Du
Contributor II
Contributor II

can't launch the Open studio 7.1 in windows 10, JDK1.8

Hi,

I opened my Talend Open studio 7.1 a few weeks back, and now I can't open it, no splash page. I reinstalled the Open studio 7.1, that doesn't help. Any idea why it suddenly it quits working. Where can I find any log to help me where is the issue?

Thanks

Tony

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tony_Du
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I finally figure this out. There are multiple java executables on my machine. JRE and JDK. Based on our company policy, we were using JDK. So, in your user environment variable path, you need to put that JDK directory in front of the JRE. E.g. Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin; C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin;

In my case, the C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin wasn't in the path.

As soon as put that line in the path(in front of JRE\bin path), the open studio flash page starts.

Thanks everyone especially Shong.

Tony D

View solution in original post

7 Replies
houssem_B
Contributor III
Contributor III

try to install it under c:\Talend

Tony_Du
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, the installation is done via company software installation process. It is currently placed Open Studio under C:\ProgramData\Open_Studio_7.1\TOS_BD-20180829_1603-V7.1.1M3.

The thing is that was working before(a few weeks back) and it is no longer worked.

There is no error or any prompt to indicate any problem. I have the software removed and reinstalled but same result.

Tony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The log file is located in <studio installation>/workspace/.metadata/.log, the milestone version is just for testing and v7.1.1 was a little older version, I would suggest you to install the latest version v.7.3.1.

Regards

Shong

Tony_Du
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

THe 7.1.1 is what everyone else used in our team. The log file wasn't there since I haven't been able to launch it. I saw it before I reinstall the Open Studio.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have double checked the installation documentation and confirmed Java 8 is a compatible version for v7.1.1. Can you check if you have upgraded the Java or have a new Java installation recently? In addition, can you try to install the stable version 7.1.1 rather than the milestone version, you can download the old open source product from this link.

Regards

Shong

Tony_Du
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I finally figure this out. There are multiple java executables on my machine. JRE and JDK. Based on our company policy, we were using JDK. So, in your user environment variable path, you need to put that JDK directory in front of the JRE. E.g. Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin; C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin;

In my case, the C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin wasn't in the path.

As soon as put that line in the path(in front of JRE\bin path), the open studio flash page starts.

Thanks everyone especially Shong.

Tony D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for your feedback!