Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLopez1641241373
Contributor
Contributor

error on Job converted from 7.3 to 8.0

I'm trying to open

in Talend Open Studion 8.0,

a project that was created originally in Talend Open Studio for Data Integration-7.3.1. The project was successfully imported but when trying to open the Job Design, this message appears:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

JsonIoException setting field 'possibleValues2' on target: Property: null with value: {}

0695b00000LzCOGAA3.png

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What is your JDK version? Talend studio 8 requires JDK 11 installation.

Regards

Shong

DLopez1641241373
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your answer, I'm using a Mac computer and have this version installed:

openjdk version "16.0.2" 2021-07-20

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu16.32+15-CA (build 16.0.2+7)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu16.32+15-CA (build 16.0.2+7, mixed mode, sharing)

do I need to uninstall this version and install an older one or can I keep both?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Java 16 is not a compatible Java environment, you need to install an older version 11 for latest version 8.0.1, for more information about software requirements, please refer to this documentation.

You can have different java version installation on the same machine, and specify a JVM for studio, see this knowledge page.

Regards

Shong

PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II

I am also having this problem. I have installed Azul Zulu v11 and selected it as the JDK in the Windows->Preferences Java section, but as I understand it that only affects the JDK that is used for job compilation.

Is there a way of selecting which Java that the IDE uses? I have %JAVA_HOME% set to the Zulu path and it's the first version in the path when I run "java -version" at the Command Prompt.