Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library

Hi. Ive downloaded newest version of Open Studio for DI but the app doesnt open, I get the following error:

TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library

I found few discussions about that, see links below:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/resolved-Mac-Install-unable-to-locate-its-c...

https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Companion-Shared-Library/td-p/75439

They seem to resolve the issue but none of them worked for me. I used iZip, Extractor, Archive Utility, Unarchiver, Unrar but nothing works.

macOS Sierra 10.12.4

TOS 6.4.0

java version "1.8.0_131"

Thanks for help!

Labels (2)
29 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you getting this error on talend 7.0.1? Did your built-in archive extract properly? Have you tried to re-extract using 7zip to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, the issue was in talend 7.0.1 when I was using java.version=10.0.1. However, when I reduced it to Java version 1.8, it appears to work but now when I am using salesforce connector it is giving me error like org.talend.component cannot be resolved to a type..... JVM is not compatible ... etc.

Looks like a lot more to go. 0683p000009MPcz.png  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It looks like  there is a missing jar issue when you using salesforce connector.

Have you already completely installed required jar files in your studio?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I had allowed downloading all files which it was asking. However, if there is a way to check or download additional Jar files, please let me know. It would be a great help.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Please paste the full stack trace message, it will be helpful for us to locate the possible cause.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

Below is the stack trace logs. Kindly assist.

org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors 
At least job "SFDemo2" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 2275
Detail Message: www cannot be resolved to a variable
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(JobErrorsChecker.java:338)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(DefaultRunProcessService.java:464)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(RunProcessService.java:316)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateBuildInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:812)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:586)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1736)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext$1.run(RunProcessContext.java:582)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:527)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:284)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1190)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext.exec(RunProcessContext.java:534)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.ProcessComposite.exec(ProcessComposite.java:1401)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.views.ProcessView$RunAction.run(ProcessView.java:701)

at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.actions.RunProcessAction.run(RunProcessAction.java:58)

at org.talend.designer.core.debug.JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.run(JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4147)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3764)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:265)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

What's www in your job setting? Does this job compile error repro on all your jobs or a specific job(SFDemo2)?

Could you please check your "Code" tab in your job to see if there will be compile error highlighted in red line?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, @xdshi, this issue was resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Great this issue is fixed. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @psharma035

Could you please let me know how you sorted it out? I am facing the same issue, stuck on "I agree" action.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.