Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Connection failure to SQL Server

I have version 6.1.1 of Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.
I can connect to my SQL Server database using SQL Server Management Studio, using SQL Server authentication (not Windows authentication)
When I try to use the same credentials in Talend (plus the name of a database), I get Connection failure error (connection refused).

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2674)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:436)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more
  Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
      at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
      at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:288)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:251)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:331)
      ... 12 more
0683p000009MDdr.gif 0683p000009MDhO.gif
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  I tried on a different environment that has sql server 2012 and got it working there.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Are you connecting to sql server 2014?
So far,  SQL Server 2014 is not list on the supported DataBase.
Please refer to document about:TalendHelpCenter0683p000009M9p6.pngupported systems databases and business applications by Talend components.

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sabrina.  Is there any estimated release date for SQL Server 2014 support?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Is there any estimated release date for SQL Server 2014 support?

Here is a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-32709
Can you successfully connect to sql server 2012 by using V  6.1.1 of Talend Open Studio for Data Integration?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  I tried on a different environment that has sql server 2012 and got it working there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am experiencing the same error with TOS MDM 6.1.1 and SQL 2008.  What is the solution to this problem?
In the DB Connection Wizard form, the "Login and Password" is for what?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
We have replied to your another topic: https://community.talend.com/t5/Data-and-Metadata-Governance/resolved-TOS-MDM-6-1-1-Connect-string-t.... Could you please have a look at it?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can you please show the database connection settings for MSSQL Server 2012 via a screen shot or tell what all connections you have while connecting MSSQL Server 2012?

Thank you in advance.

GORIOL1611658466
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

We are facing the same issue with our job since 19th december 2020. ALL jobs worked perfectly before. Our error message is :

Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect

java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:436)

It happens most of the time during the night and some job running well if we launch it during the day...

Our configuration is sql server 2012 and Talend Studio 7.1.1 studio for devloppement.

Thanks for your help.

Gaetan