Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Error installing Talend Open Studio for Big Data on macOS Sierra

Hello,
Trying to install Talend Open Studio for Big Data on macOS Sierra with a 15-inch, 2016 MacBook Pro.
- macOS 10.12.3
- $ java -version
java version "1.7.0_80"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_80-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode)

The error is the following:
!SESSION 2017-02-08 12:14:02.956 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_80
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-02-08 12:14:03.195
!MESSAGE error loading hook: org.talend.osgi.configurator.JarLoaderConfigurator
!STACK 0
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/talend/osgi/configurator/JarLoaderConfigurator : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:800)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:195)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hookregistry.HookRegistry.loadConfigurators(HookRegistry.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hookregistry.HookRegistry.initialize(HookRegistry.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:295)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:231)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

I've already tried with JDK version 8 and 6 and the behavior is somewhat similar. Anyone else has experienced the same thing and/or has been able to solve it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vapukov
Master II
Master II

I think - this is not archiver error
try to use JDK 1.8
work perfect with Sierra, El-Capitain, tested (regular use on production) - 6.1, 6.2, 6.3

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
What's the build version you are going to install?
Have you already checked documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems and TalendHelpCenter:Java?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply. macOS 10.12 Sierra is a supported version and the recommended JDK is version 1.7, exactly the one I have.
I'm not sure what's the build version I'm trying to install. I downloaded the latest one available, 20161216_1026-V6.3.1. I guess this is what you're asking for.
Also, that's the error I get if I try to run the main executable from the terminal. When clicking the application icon, I get an alert error message that says: "The TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library". No error log is generated in this case.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you tried to re-extract your archive file for 20161216_1026-V6.3.1 using 7zip to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm using macOS. Unfortunately, there is no 7-Zip for Mac, at least not an official one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
What's the  decompression tool you are using? Are you using  third-party ZIP extractor to unzip it?

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sabrina, I'm using macOS's default "Archive Utility" to extract the contents of the zip file.
vapukov
Master II
Master II

I think - this is not archiver error
try to use JDK 1.8
work perfect with Sierra, El-Capitain, tested (regular use on production) - 6.1, 6.2, 6.3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was it, thank you very much vapukov! It works now as long as I start it from the command line instead of clicking on the *.app icon, which still find quite interesting.