Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveL
Contributor III
Contributor III

[resolved] Generate job gives "Unexpected error, contact your administrator"

Just upgraded to 5.3.1 and trying to get the JobConductor working. I created a HelloWorld type job and registered it in TAC. But when I try to generate the job, it seems to timeout. I get the message "The job generation could take a few minutes, please wait..." and then the unexpected error comes.
Have not been able to find any log with info about what might have caused the problem. We are using Oracle database.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi medamin285,
We would suggest you connect to the Support portal TalendSupportPortal and log your request, so that we can give a remote assistance to you through the support cycle.
Best regards
Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
What do you have as error in TAC log? Please share the log content, that will help here.
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
How did you config the execution task in the TAC? Have you been using "Regenerate job on change" for your task?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello
I have the same error when I was trying to generate my task in TAC.
Can you tell me what I have to do in order resolve this problem.
The log file is following :
2014-06-27 12:13:18 ERROR JobGenerator - Unexpected startGroup while processing stopServer|quit|listItem|putFile|getFile|initLocal|initRemote|logoffProject|logonProject|executeAllJob|exportAllJob|executeJob|deleteItems|changeVersion|changeStatus|importDatabaseMetadata|importDelimitedMetadata|showVersion|createJob|populateAudit
org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaServerException: Unexpected startGroup while processing stopServer|quit|listItem|putFile|getFile|initLocal|initRemote|logoffProject|logonProject|executeAllJob|exportAllJob|executeJob|deleteItems|changeVersion|changeStatus|importDatabaseMetadata|importDelimitedMetadata|showVersion|createJob|populateAudit
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.ResponseInterpreter.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaClient.sendCommandAndParse(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaClient.addCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaClient.addCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.module.dashboard.commandline.model.CommandLineBean.executeGroupCommand(CommandLineBean.java:234)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.executeGroupCommand(JobGenerator.java:308)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:148)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.generateJobScriptUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:374)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler$1.run(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:316)
2014-06-27 12:13:18 ERROR ExecutionTaskHandler - org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaServerException: Unexpected startGroup while processing stopServer|quit|listItem|putFile|getFile|initLocal|initRemote|logoffProject|logonProject|executeAllJob|exportAllJob|executeJob|deleteItems|changeVersion|changeStatus|importDatabaseMetadata|importDelimitedMetadata|showVersion|createJob|populateAudit
org.talend.administrator.common.exception.ProcessedException: org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaServerException: Unexpected startGroup while processing stopServer|quit|listItem|putFile|getFile|initLocal|initRemote|logoffProject|logonProject|executeAllJob|exportAllJob|executeJob|deleteItems|changeVersion|changeStatus|importDatabaseMetadata|importDelimitedMetadata|showVersion|createJob|populateAudit
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:230)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.generateJobScriptUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:374)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler$1.run(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:316)
Caused by: org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaServerException: Unexpected startGroup while processing stopServer|quit|listItem|putFile|getFile|initLocal|initRemote|logoffProject|logonProject|executeAllJob|exportAllJob|executeJob|deleteItems|changeVersion|changeStatus|importDatabaseMetadata|importDelimitedMetadata|showVersion|createJob|populateAudit
at org.talend.commandline.client.CommandLineJavaClient.sendCommandAndParse(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.module.dashboard.commandline.model.CommandLineBean.executeGroupCommand(CommandLineBean.java:234)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.executeGroupCommand(JobGenerator.java:308)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:148)
... 2 more

I ll be thankful.
Best regards,
++
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi medamin285,
We would suggest you connect to the Support portal TalendSupportPortal and log your request, so that we can give a remote assistance to you through the support cycle.
Best regards
Sabrina