Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuvi1
Contributor
Contributor

tMap graphics on Mac os Bigsur

Hi All,

I've moved to the new Mac OS Bigsur and use Talend on it.

One thing I've encountered and haven't seen any reference to is the messed up graphics on tMap.

The thing is that I can't see the lines connecting the input and the output.

Has anyone encountered this or resolved this issue?

Labels (4)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using V 7.3.1?

So far, the new Mac OS Bigsur is not list in the supported operating systems table.

Here is online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems

Best regards

Sabrina

Yuvi1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I thought there's some workaround, thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have raised a new feature jira issue on talend bug tracker about tMap Display issues with BigSur. It is still in progress and we are doing the final check on it.

There will be a fixed in V 7.4.1.

Best regards

Sabrina

jasonvogel
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously?! Who does the testing for Talend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The Mac OS Bigsur is not list in the supported operating systems table.

Here is online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems

In the documentation we provide a list of operating systems that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) operating systems will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The tMap Display issues with BigSur is fixed in 7.4.1, 7.3.1-R2021-01

Talend 7.4.1M6 (milestone) is now available for testing let us know if it works.

You can get it from here.

Best regards

Sabrina

jasonvogel
Contributor
Contributor

• Downloaded and installed 7.4.1 on Mac 11.2.3 (Big Sur). Startup takes FOREVER (and then something eventually times out). See screenshot
  • Once open, I am able to use a tMap and see the mapping lines.

1. Where do I look for the log file?
  2. How do I disable whatever this server lookup is?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The studio log is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log

Are you getting this issue at start up? Did you use Java 8 or Java 11 to start studio? Maybe studio/eclipse got less issues with Java 8.

Best regards

Sabrina

jasonvogel
Contributor
Contributor

Java version doesn't seem to affect anything. Talend is trying to communicate to some "server" somewhere... and is timing out. I attached .log as startup.log. Any ideas?