Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator

unable to connect my Studio (6.2) to TalendForge

Hi,
I would like to connect my Studio to my Talendforge account, but Studio stay stuck on the Exchange popup (" Connect your Studio to TalendForge, the Talend  Online Community.")
My username in talendforge site contains a dot ("lorenzo.lucioni") but the "Connect your Studio..." popup does not accept dots in the username, and even the email address (in place of the username) is not accepted.

Thank you,
Lorenzo
Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
This issue comes from the Studio. The « . » is not available for the username into the Studio (as the @). Do you want to install custom component from exchange portal?
Can you log into Talend Exchange Portal from Website successfully by using your current username with a dot?
Best regards
Sabrina
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,
Yes, I'm able to login successfully into Talend Exchange Portal website with my username containing a dot.
Can you change my username in the Exchange Portal from lorenzo.lucioni to lorenzolucioni, making me able to link the studio too?

Thank you,
Lorenzo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Would you mind creating  a new account with a username without dot to see if it works?
 As a workaround,  can you successfully download the custom component from talend exchange portal directly and install it into studio by manual?

Here is a KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component

Best regards
Sabrina
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,

yes, workaround works, of course 🙂
I was just willing to use the powerful connection between Studio and Talendforge, and yes, I could create a new user.

Thank you for your help,
Lorenzo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Is the new username without dot Ok with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your help. I will use workaround (manual downloading and installing components...), instead of creating a new user. I do not think to be worth to create a new user when systems are not able to manage common username format rules. 

To be true, even if you would be willing to create a new user, when I go to https://www.talendforge.org/ I see "Cloud Login" that leads me to a login page that not accept my old current login (that actually works here:  https://www.talendforge.org/forum/ and here:  https://exchange.talend.com/

Furthermore, I also find out this page:  https://www.talendforge.org/member/profile.php, a duplication of  https://www.talendforge.org/forum/profile.php?id=391592.

Too much profile/login/email-address-change/... duplicated pages for me 🙂 - Hope a SSO will replace everything soon.
In the meanwhile, thank you for your support. Please feel free to close the issue. 

Lorenzo
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

mmmm... Hi Sabrina,
following your kindly suggestion I created a new account, with username "lorenzolucioni" (without a dot in the middle).
I can successfully login on the website ( http://www1.talend.com/login ) but still not able to link my Talend Studio, because when I try to link it to TalendForge (username: lorenzolucioni and the right password) I get an error: (301)Moved Permanently, as you can see in the screenshot attached here.
I tried many time, restarting Talend Studio, being sure to have internet connections...
Any Suggestion?
Thank you, Lorenzo

0683p000009MG9f.png
alefebvr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,
I've just tried on my Talend Studio (6.3) and have the very same (301) Moved Permanently error message.
Below the error log extract.
Best regards,
    alex
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2017-01-11 17:47:48.359
!MESSAGE 2017-01-11 17:47:48,358 INFO org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - (301)Moved Permanently

!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.BusinessException: (301)Moved Permanently
at org.talend.registration.register.RegisterManagement.createUser(RegisterManagement.java:359)
at org.talend.registration.wizards.register.ui.htmlcontent.TalendForgeRegistAction.run(TalendForgeRegistAction.java:120)
at org.talend.commons.ui.html.DynamicHtmlURL.runAction(DynamicHtmlURL.java:77)
at org.talend.commons.ui.html.DynamicHtmlURL.execute(DynamicHtmlURL.java:40)
at org.talend.commons.ui.html.BrowserDynamicPartLocationListener.changing(BrowserDynamicPartLocationListener.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.WebKit.webView_decidePolicyForNavigationAction_request_frame_decisionListener(WebKit.java:1494)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.WebKit.browserProc(WebKit.java:424)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSendSuper(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationNextEventMatchingMask(Display.java:4989)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationProc(Display.java:5367)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSend(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSApplication.nextEventMatchingMask(NSApplication.java:94)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3652)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.preferences.ExchangePreferencePage$1.widgetSelected(ExchangePreferencePage.java:117)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4188)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1467)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1490)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1475)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4031)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3658)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.open(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:221)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.ShowPreferencePageHandler.execute(ShowPreferencePageHandler.java:59)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:229)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:149)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:196)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler.runCommand(CocoaUIHandler.java:715)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler.access$6(CocoaUIHandler.java:703)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler$8.widgetSelected(CocoaUIHandler.java:568)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4188)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1467)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1490)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1475)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4031)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3658)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:216)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Caused by: (301)Moved Permanently
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
at org.talend.registration.register.proxy.RegisterUserBindingStub.updateUser53(RegisterUserBindingStub.java:1106)
at org.talend.registration.register.proxy.RegisterUserPortTypeProxy.updateUser53(RegisterUserPortTypeProxy.java:155)
at org.talend.registration.register.RegisterManagement.createUser(RegisterManagement.java:351)
... 76 more
alefebvr
Contributor III
Contributor III

PS : I must have missed something, but why is this post marked as "Resolved"?