Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to open .javajet file - componentdesigner unable to load class.

I think this may be an installation issue.  I downloaded and am running TOS for DI (6.0.0.20150702_1326).  I'm trying to build a component.  When I try to open a .javajet file, I get the message:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.talend.componentdesigner was unable to load class org.eclipse.jet.internal.editor.JETTextEditor.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
<snip>
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jet.internal.editor.JETTextEditor cannot be found by org.talend.componentdesigner_6.0.0.20150702_1326
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:432)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
Googling around indicates that I might be missing the Merlin Generator(?).  When I click on Help>Install External Software, I get the Software Updates dialog box that says, "Cannot complete the request.  This installation has not been properly configured for Software Updates.  See the error log for details."

Any thoughts/help would be deeply appreciated.
thanks, -Dwight Lillie
Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Which component do you want to build? How did you open with the .javajet file?
Have you tried to run a job with this component in studio successfully?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I simply tried to create a custom component, by right-clicking on COMPONENT_PROJECT>New>New Component.  I then named the new component, 'tMyComponent,' and accepted the rest of the defaults.  When I double clicked on the 'tMyComponent_begin.javajet' I then received the message that, 'Plug-in org.talend.componentdesigner was unable to load class org.eclipse.jet.internal.editor.JETTextEditor.'
I have confirmed that I can create and execute jobs using other components.

Below is the .log file from the workspace/.metadata.
!SESSION 2015-08-05 13:16:19.421 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_79
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx 4 0 2015-08-05 13:16:20.647 !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dwight Lillie,
Did you follow up these steps mentioned in KB article about:: TalendHelpCenter:How to create a custom component to create your custom component?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
  Yes.  The problem I'm experiencing is when I double click on a file with the extension '.javajet'.  The eclipse editor appears to fail to load w/ the stack trace that I posted.  I've uninstalled and re-installed talend more than once.  On another machine in which talend has been installed I don't see this problem.  That's why I think it's an installation issue.  I'm trying to figure out what's wrong w/ my particular installation.
-Dwight
mol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dwight, Did you ever get this resolved? I am in the same situation with my current install on a Windows machine.
-Morten