cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigSky5829
Contributor II
Contributor II

API Export from Qlik to Excel

Hi, I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before.  My company uses QlikSense Cloud for BI.  I have a report that I maintain that uses data from multiple QlikSense apps and some data from other sources as well.  I have to export the data from Qlik on a regular basis to import into my report for updates.

Is there a way I can connect into Qlik using Power Query to call an API and get the data?  That way once I write the query, all I have to do is refresh to update the data.  Any tutorials you can point me to would be fabulous.

1 Reply
Nicole-Smith

Qlik has a lot of documentation around APIs on their help forum (you're probably looking for the export data ones): https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/May2021/Content/Sense_Helpsites/Developer-help-windows.h...

An easier solution (if possible for you) is to store the data into a csv or txt file during the run of the load script. You could then just source your report from the csv file that's generated by the Qlik Sense app itself (and you wouldn't have to worry about timing the refresh properly since the load script would create the file(s) itself).