Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading data and creating visualizations directly from a web app on the fly

Hi,

Is it possible to directly load an excel file and plot visualizations directly from a web app using the Sense API? I would like to load the data and create visualizations on the fly without having to create a qvf file.

I have looked at the documentation regarding the Qlik Sense API but I believe it would require a qvf file with existing objects. There are a few documents to help create a new session app on the fly -

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2017/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Howtos/create-session...

but it does not explain how to load an external data file directly into the new app.

Any help regarding this is appreciated.

2 Replies
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

So you basically just need to do Step 2 (define and set load script) and Step 3 (reload data and create chart) from the link you provided.

How to create the load script and load the external data is really up to you. I think that halyard.js‌ would be really handy here. It can read .csv files and create a load script.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Francis, Thanks for your inputs. I will have a look at this and will post the updates. Really appreciate your help!!