Search or browse our knowledge base to find answers to your questions ranging from account questions to troubleshooting error messages. The content is curated and updated by our global Support team
The Unified Hub functionality allows for links to QlikView documents (hosted via AccessPoint) to be published in Qlik Sense Hub.
This article covers the steps on how to deploy it in a QlikView and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows environment.
For publishing QlikView documents to Qlik Sense SaaS editions via the Multi-Cloud solution, see How to configure QlikView Multi-Cloud deployment and App distribution
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows, all versions
QlikView, 12.0 and newer
Note: The steps below illustrates and further details the main configuration steps mentioned in the video above.
In order for the server running QlikView Distribution Service (Publisher or QDS) to connect to the Qlik Sense machine, three settings need to be changed on the Qlik Sense server:
Note: This setting may have only been needed on earlier versions of the Unified Hub deployments and may not be needed in newer versions of Qlik Sense and QlikView.
Starting with all Qlik Sense services in a stopped state, complete these steps:
5. Save the file
6. Start Qlik Sense services
The next step will be to configure the appropriate security rule in order to allow users to view the documents which will be published.
The next step will be to export a set of certificates from Qlik Sense for use by the Publisher machine for use in establishing trust for the distribution.
4. Navigate to the client.pfx file and import it
5. Repeat the import steps for the server.pfx file
6. Now select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities section and import the root.cer certificate
7. Once all the certificates are installed, go back to the QlikClient certificate in the Personal section and double click on it. This will open the properties of the certificate.
8. Now go to the Details tab and scroll to the thumbprint. Copy this value to a notepad window
At this point the distribution should complete successfully and now you should validate that things appear as expected on the Qlik Sense side. Assuming that you’ve distributed the document to at least the user account that you are using then you should see the document appear in the QlikView documents section of the Hub which should have magically appeared:
If you are encountering further issues, then contact Qlik Support for a deeper level of troubleshooting.