Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Dynamic images do not display as chart background

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Dynamic images do not display as chart background

Last Update:

Jun 1, 2021 7:17:31 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jul 5, 2017 2:46:12 AM

An API key is required to authenticate each request to Google Maps Platform. Refer to http://g.co/dev/maps-no-account for more information.

An image used as a background in a chart does not load correctly. This can be observed when a proxy is configured in the client machine. 

Images are accessible from a browser, without using any kind of authentication and Web Server Logs do not contain any errors.

Map without background.png

Resolution:

Manually add the following parameter (WebFileUseWinAPI = 1) in the Settings.ini file.

By default, the Settings.ini for QlikView Server is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini
For QlikView Desktop is located in
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

1. Stop QlikView Services
  2. In the [Settings 7] section in Settings.ini, add the setting WebFileUseWinAPI = 1
    eg.
    [Settings 7]
    WebFileUseWinAPI = 1
    [....]
  3. Start QilkView Services

Please note that WebFileUseWinAPI = 1 setting must be entered under the [Settings 7] section. If the setting is added under the [Authentication] section, it will not be read by the QlikView Server, and will therefore not resolve the issue.

OR consider changing the proxy requirements: 

Labels (1)
Comments
vajid4525
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

If I am able to open the URL using google chrome from the server whether I need to check the below points.

Thank you

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @vajid4525

If changing WebFileUseWinAPI = 1 does not resolve the issue for you, then the three options you mentioned are the next possible solutions. Should that not resolve the problem either, I recommend logging a support ticket to have the issue investigated.

All the best,
Sonja

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-06-01 07:17 AM
Updated by: