Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

How to manage Overage for Analyzer Capacity

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

How to manage Overage for Analyzer Capacity

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 3:06:05 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

Aug 5, 2019 6:59:01 AM

Overage is an option when ordering Analyzer Capacity and is by default not enabled.

Once you are out of capacity, unless overage is enabled in the license, the month's quota is reached and no more capacity license can be used.

Environment:

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows with Analyzer Capacity licenses
Qlik Cloud with Analyzer Capacity licenses

Related Content

Analyzer capacity license (Client Managed)
Analyzer capacity consumption 
Qlik Licensing Service Reference Guide 

Labels (1)
Comments
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

We currently have a situation where a customer has enabled "overage".  We have the evidence from the email that Qlik sends when new licenses / options are enabled (please see below), however the server is not activating more minutes when the customer runs out of their contracted minutes of Analyzer Capacity. 

01-Evidence of Analyzer Capacity Overage activation_2022-08-25_07-50-22.png

The server can reach https://license.qlikcloud.com/ and can  pick up new Analyzer Capacity licenses when purchased. 

Is there any place in the server or in the QMC or in the server where we can confirm that the server is aware of the activation of the "overage" option?  Does the QSEoW version has to be at a particular version / release or more recent?

Please advise.

Cheers,

++José

diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

Please ignore my previous question.  The customer was using the license key for their development environment, instead of using the one for production.  The OVERAGE_ANALYZER_TIME parameter only appears in the production license.

Cheers,

++José

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello, @diagonjope Thank you for updating your query. 

From what I understand the issue was with the wrong license being applied and no action is required on our end?

All the best,
Sonja 

diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind !

Yes, no action needed froom Qlik.

I didn't know this until I looked at the LEFs, but the OVERAGE_ANALYZER_TIME parameter only appears in the production license, not in the development and testing ones.  Once one thinks about it, it makes a lot of sense.  The customer was mistakenly using the development license in their production server.  Everything seemed to work OK and new licenses would be reflected in their QMC when purchased...  until they opted in for "overage".  Below I am incuding LEFs for the three environments with the license key and hash removed:

ANALYZER;80;;
ANALYZER_TIME;7000;;
ANALYZER_TIME_UNIT;6;;
DELAYED_SYNC;YES;2000-01-01;2000-03-31
ELASTIC;YES;;
GEOANALYTICS;YES;;
OVERAGE_ANALYZER_TIME;1000;;
PRODUCTLEVEL;50;;
PROFESSIONAL;5;;
QLS;YES;;
SUBSCRIPTION;YES;2021-05-31;2024-05-30
WEBCONNECTORS;YES;;

ANALYZER;80;;
ANALYZER_TIME;7000;;
ANALYZER_TIME_UNIT;6;;
ELASTIC;YES;;
GEOANALYTICS;YES;;
PRODUCTLEVEL;50;;
PROFESSIONAL;5;;
QLS;YES;;
SPECIAL_EDITION;DEVELOPMENT;;
WEBCONNECTORS;YES;;

ANALYZER;80;;
ANALYZER_TIME;7000;;
ANALYZER_TIME_UNIT;6;;
ELASTIC;YES;;
GEOANALYTICS;YES;;
PRODUCTLEVEL;50;;
PROFESSIONAL;5;;
QLS;YES;;
SPECIAL_EDITION;TEST;;
TEST_EDITION;YES;;
WEBCONNECTORS;YES;;

BTW, I am curious about why the DELAYED_SYNC parameter appears to have attached a time period - and why is it for a time period in year 2000.  Do you know?

Cheers,

++José

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@diagonjope 

On your delayed sync question: Delayed Sync itself is not "permanent" and therefore comes with an expiration date by default. 

See How to activate Qlik Sense, QlikView, and Qlik NPrinting without Internet Access.

For queries about the date in yours and to have that potentially changed, please contact your account manager.

All the best,
Sonja 

diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Thank you for the clarification, Sonja
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 03:06 PM
Updated by: