Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

STT - Connecting to QRS and NPrinting using Postman or PowerShell

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

STT - Connecting to QRS and NPrinting using Postman or PowerShell

Last Update:

Jun 1, 2021 3:19:41 PM

Updated By:

Andre_Sostizzo

Created date:

Jul 13, 2018 4:43:59 AM

In this webinar we will discuss:

• Qlik Sense and NPrinting Authentication
  • Hands-on using Powershell & Postman
  • The Keys to Engaging with Qlik Support

Additional Information

Cannot Connect to QRS API with Postman via Virtual Proxy Windows Authentication in April 2018, "Coul...
How to Login / Authenticate / Connect to the Postman APIs in Powershell
How to Authenticate / Connect with the Qlik NPrinting API in Postman with NTLM Authentication
How to configure Postman (desktop app) to connect to Qlik Sense
QRS API using Xrfkey header in Postman Chrome Extension

Q&A - Unlocking Qlik APIs

Q: Could you please help us to check if Qlik Connection to server and Application is alive or not? As of now, we are using a method IsAlive from ILocation for checking Qlik Connection but it is taking more time to respond. After few minutes (~15-20 minutes) 
A: This is the correct method to check if the engine is alive, but it is very unusual that you would not get a response after 15-20 minutes; I would recommend raising a support case in your instance.

Q: Can you recommend best practice for splitting the certificate and private key when exporting certs?
A: There isn't a "best practice" per-say, it depends entirely on your use case. What I can say is that when you export Qlik Sense's certificates from the QMC you have the option to include the secret key. This doesn't make a difference for PEM format (secret key is exported separately anyway), but will make a difference for Windows format certificates (in that it actually will/will-not be included in the certs). You can read a bit more about certificates on our help site, Deploy > Security > Certificates.

Q: Is there any api call which notify us that app is reloaded?
A: If you want to get metadata about an app, you use the QRS endpoint GET /qrs/app/{app id}, see 'lastReloadTime' in the response json. 

Q: How can I export a chart as an image using Qlik's API?
A: I didn't know the answer to this off the top of my head, so what I did was tried exporting an object as an image and looking at the traffic in the Developer Console. I found an endpoint, however it wasn't publicly documented. So, I verified for you that this is in-fact an undocumented and currently unsupported API. However, I was also informed in the Sept2018 release Qlik Sense will expose the ability to export an object via the Visualization API. Therefore, I would recommend waiting for that release and using that new API once it is made available. 

Q: Which version of PowerShell do we need to use?
A: Ultimately, you need to use whichever version that has the commandlets, etc. that enables you to use RESTful endpoints (mostly GET and POST, sometimes other methods such as PUT). In my examples I use the Invoke-RestMethod commandlet, and according to Microsoft's Invoke-RestMethod documentation this was introduced in PowerShell 3.0.

Q: Can you go through installing SSL certificates for QS server?
A: You can find information on how to install 3rd-party certificates at our helpsite, at Managing a Qlik Sense site > Configuring Qlik Sense > Configuring Security > Changing a proxy certif...

Q: Do you know how to implement oauth2 (OpenID Connect) with Qlik Sense?
A: Please see the article Is oAuth or OpenID Connect Authentication Supported in Qlik Sense? for the most up-to-date information and some recommendations on this requested feature; unfortunately, at the time of this webinar this wasn't a supported feature. If you want to raise the visibility of this feature request, please raise a support case and provide a brief business justification statement (a few sentences will do) so that we can add that internally to the feature request.

Q: When setting up nPrinting, should we export Qlik Sense Certs or use Purchased Certs?
A: You can do either, please see Deploying > Security > Platform security > Certificates > Installing Qlik NPrinting certificates in our public documentation. 

Q: How can I build a test case for testing the Engine API?
A: When using the Engine API, the sequence of the calls is critical. So, what we would want to have from you is a step-by-step set of instructions on how to replicate an issue from the Engine API Explorer--like you would for any unit test or integration test, but for humans, as ultimately we need to be able to replicate the issue in R&D to bug it. In exceptional cases you might need to demonstrate the issue with the enigma JS library (stuff that a human cannot do in the Engine API Explorer), however bear in mind that enigmaJS is provided under the MIT license and isn't explicitly supported under maintenance--isues with that specific library should be raised on the GitHub repository.

Labels (3)
Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-06-01 03:19 PM
Updated by: