Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Failed to open access denied the server is currently out of session and usage cals

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominikkeller
Contributor III
Contributor III

Failed to open access denied the server is currently out of session and usage cals

Last Update:

Sep 21, 2022 1:07:35 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Aug 20, 2019 2:13:57 PM

Hey Qlikkers,

i'm facing the problem, that one qvw won't open again. Also the Backup Version gives me the same errors.

i have 5 named cals and 10 document cals. But this happens only on that document.

Could anyone help me?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-20 um 19.53.05.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-08-20 um 19.52.53.png

Tags (1)
Labels (4)
Comments
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This should mean the user attempting to open the app does NOT have a Named/User CAL assigned to them, nor do they have a Document CAL assigned... The end result is the last checks we do, but I suspect your QlikView Server license has no Session or Usage CALs, so the thing to check here is the user attempting to open has either a Named/User CAL or Document CAL assigned.  Keep in mind the latter is specific to the one Document only, whereas the Named/User CAL will allow you to open any QVW provided there is no Section Access table or it allows the user to access it...

The following link is to a PDF that will explain things in a bit more detail just in case:

https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license-agreements/qlikview/qlikview-license-metrics-en....

If you can provide further details, I may be able to come up with something else here, but be sure to verify Named/User and Document CAL configuration first in this case.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-09-21 01:07 PM
Updated by: