Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m4rksingleton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Mobile designer / view

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of a way to view / design, specially how it will render on a mobile device (particularly iPhone)? On Wix.com you can toggle between a desktop and mobile designer in order to control how pages & elements will be displayed but can't find anything similar on Sense.

Have i missed something?

Bw,

Mark

4 Replies
rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mark,

The quickest way I have done this when working on a desktop is to resize the browser window and the screen responds accordingly.  For example in Chrome, shrink the window down and that will replicate what to expect on a mobile device.

In my experience, this sort of test works better if the app has been published.

I know it's not a very technical answer but hope it helps.

Rod

m4rksingleton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thanks Rod, good option but that would be a app either has to be designed specially for a desktop or specially for mobile device.

Wix allows you to tailor both and have just the one website (or at least to the end-user anyway).

Sounds like it maybe a development request...

rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks Mark, I think I understand what you mean.  Qlik Sense certainly supports a build once, deploy anywhere type model thanks to the responsive design elements.

For smaller screens, eg mobile phones my experience has been that it displays one object at a time (chart, table, etc) and the order seems to be left to right, top to bottom with the menu bar at the top.

When building apps I know will be used on a mobile device I don't tend to do anything differently though I may reconsider how many objects I have on each worksheet.

I think your idea of easily switching between screen sizes has merit and you may already be aware, however you or your Qlik business partner can log as a request through the support portal.

Kind regards,

Rod

rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mark,

Just in case you missed it, it looks like the June 2019 release has this support for mobile devices now built-in.

Kind regards,

Rod