Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosadepetro
Contributor
Contributor

Monitoring Download App Qlik Sense Saas Mobile

Good morning,
I would like to know if there is a way to see which users have downloaded the Qlik Sense Saas mobile app. Not simply accesses with Qlik Saas monitoring apps such as Entitlement, but actually seeing who downloaded the mobile app and when. Thank you!

E.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @rosadepetro ,

my understanding is that you want to know when a user uses the Qlik Sense Mobile app for SaaS to download a Qlik Sense app (unfortunately the terminology can be confusing here) for offline use.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in the current monitoring apps implementation, but this is what I discovered by checking the Events section in the Management Console.

When an app gets downloaded in QSM, I can see a com.qlik.app.exported event type which is immediately preceded by a com.qlik.v1.app.opened one.

Daniele_Purrone_0-1707486463125.png

When the app is exported with data from the hub, instead, the com.qlik.v1.app.opened event is not present:

Daniele_Purrone_1-1707486674321.png

(also note that data is not reduced with a regular export)

You can probably check for the combination of open/export events.
You can probably even build some script that uses the events API to simplify this.

Of course, if you think a feature is missing you can always suggest an idea to our product team, while if you have suggestions on how to improve the Entitlement Analyzer you can report it on the support page for the app.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@rosadepetro Are you looking how and where your tenant accessed via Qlik sense mobile app that is downloaded from store?

or, you want to know how many apps are exported from your environment?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rosadepetro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Samineni,

I would like to have an answer to the first of your questions and that is who and when downloads the app from mobile. I have installed all the monitoring apps provided by Qlik but they don't seem to give any answers in this regard. They usually monitor which users are logging into the app we develop, how often, etc., but I want to know WHO is downloading the app from their phone. I hope I have explained myself more clearly. Thank you very much!!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @rosadepetro ,

my understanding is that you want to know when a user uses the Qlik Sense Mobile app for SaaS to download a Qlik Sense app (unfortunately the terminology can be confusing here) for offline use.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in the current monitoring apps implementation, but this is what I discovered by checking the Events section in the Management Console.

When an app gets downloaded in QSM, I can see a com.qlik.app.exported event type which is immediately preceded by a com.qlik.v1.app.opened one.

Daniele_Purrone_0-1707486463125.png

When the app is exported with data from the hub, instead, the com.qlik.v1.app.opened event is not present:

Daniele_Purrone_1-1707486674321.png

(also note that data is not reduced with a regular export)

You can probably check for the combination of open/export events.
You can probably even build some script that uses the events API to simplify this.

Of course, if you think a feature is missing you can always suggest an idea to our product team, while if you have suggestions on how to improve the Entitlement Analyzer you can report it on the support page for the app.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.