Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UName1615412505
Contributor
Contributor

Azure Cloud Best Practice

Hello everyone,

I'm new on an Azure Cloud project and this is my first time on Talend Cloud. I used to be on Talend ESB and Its quiet different from this new environment.

Are there best practices or some tricks I should be aware of ?

Also, we are using a PostgreSQL DB and encountering (for some jobs) a little latency. I know it's a vague question but is there a way to speed up the loading process ?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there, I would definitely recommend taking a look at: https://help.talend.com/r/192RkMI7p2m0NpW1~16SEg/as56_O054gK5gfg0o8IkWg It's our Talend Software Development Life Cycle Best Practices Guide for 7.3.

Aside from this we also have a guide on Building high availability for Talend Data Integration with Microsoft Azure

https://help.talend.com/r/jIbERvD~GnakzxhhceIDEw/Cbbdf8dC6iSEHI7CjrUU6A

In regards to the PostgreSQL DB..... How are you pulling the data? Using Remote Engines or Cloud Engines? Location?

UName1615412505
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your answer,

We are using Remote Engines to pull the data (from two sources actually, a PostgreSQL and an Oracle DB). Some improvement have been made by splitting the load and increasing the number of connections used by tinput and tcommit, but I wonder if there are better ways to accelerate the process

bruce_banner
Contributor
Contributor

Here are some Advantages of Microsoft Azure Cloud Services

Azure Cloud Services and Data Security

Microsoft leverages decades of being a primary enterprise operating system and productivity solution provider to secure all information hosted in their Azure cloud products and services.

An enormous amount of resources and effort go into securing an organization’s on-site data centers, where the slightest erroneous configuration can expose the company to advanced threats and exploits.

With Microsoft Azure, all elements related to information security come included with the service, and customers gain access to the latest in threat prevention and detection technologies.

Microsoft Azure Cloud Security Center

As part of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Security Center, a range of security solutions and architecture implementations ensure all business data remains protected.

These include Advanced Threat Protection and Threat Intelligence reports using Windows Defender analytics, and Information Protection that classifies and protects specific information from unauthorized disclosure by applying labels to documents and emails.

Similarly, with network segmentation and encryption, every transmitted byte of data remains secure from any outside threat. Microsoft Azure Cloud Services uses threat monitoring agents that generate real-time security alerts and threat intelligence reports. These threat intelligence reports provide insights into attackers, their objectives, and the tactics employed.

Improved Scalability and Business Sustainability

One of the best advantages of Microsoft Azure Cloud Services comes from the scalability that the platform provides businesses.

Traditionally, as companies expanded and grew, provisioning new infrastructure for them would be both a lengthy and a costly process for the organization.

With a strategically deployed set of cloud-centers that span the globe, the Microsoft Azure Stack guarantees availability for services 24/7/365.

In the last year, Azure averaged an uptime 99.995% across its cloud infrastructure—meaning a total downtime of 26 minutes per year, worldwide. Microsoft plans to improve this number by adding more servers to its regions by 2021.

Currently, Azure Cloud Services utilize physical infrastructure distributed over every continent. This improves access times while also allowing for replication in cases where companies want to expand their business operations to outside the US.

For data management systems, Microsoft Azure Cloud Services use elastic pools to ensure the same database performance levels that companies expect from their locally hosted systems. With elastic SQL database pools, organizations gain the best price-per-performance benefits while staying within their prescribed budgets.

Simple and Effective Disaster Recovery

Data loss presents a serious risk to any organization. The impact of both lost revenue during the downtime, as well as the effort required to reconstitute the information can cost a company hundreds of thousands, if not millions, if a suitable, business continuity procedure isn’t already in place.

A disaster recovery plan requires multiple built-in redundancies while achieving an acceptable time-to-recovery objective.

With Microsoft Azure VDI, companies can enforce specific recovery criteria for different BUs (Business Units) and types of data. Businesses can test their plans for efficacy as frequently as required, and find the perfect balance between the cost and control of their data recovery processes.

Running backups and advanced replication of applications in a cloud environment will reduce the time required to recover from any type of outage, while also limiting the risk of becoming a victim of a ransomware attack.