Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPessin1667836076
Contributor
Contributor

Context problem between Talend Studio and TMC cloud

hello,

i have a weird problem with contextes. i made a easy job, with 2 context values. one i have created on job, one i have created in context reposotory.

i put the data xoxo and toto in test1 and test2.

i publish my job on the TMC. The values are OK

I change the toto into titi and xoxo into xixi. I publish.

The values dont change. Normally the result will be xixi and titi.

To solve this very annoying problem i have to delete entirely the task AND artefact and republish.

Exist a another solution mais confortable for me ? whitout having to delete and republish every time i want to update one value...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Denis Pessin​ it turns out (I wasn't aware of this) the context variable values already in TMC take precedence over new values in updated jobs. I discussed this with R&D and can see the logic for this. In a lot of cases contexts will be set to production values in jobs that are running in TMC. If a new version of a job is added and this job contains DEV values, it could cause serious problems in TMC. As such, the values that are already set up in TMC will remain unless they are manually changed in TMC after the first version of a job is configured as a task.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Denis Pessin​,

Thanks for pointing this out. Just so that you are aware you can change the values of the contexts from within TMC so you shouldn't need to delete the task and recreate it. But I do understand that this could cause you issues if you are expecting the values to be updated from the job. Let me raise this with out R&D team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Denis Pessin​ it turns out (I wasn't aware of this) the context variable values already in TMC take precedence over new values in updated jobs. I discussed this with R&D and can see the logic for this. In a lot of cases contexts will be set to production values in jobs that are running in TMC. If a new version of a job is added and this job contains DEV values, it could cause serious problems in TMC. As such, the values that are already set up in TMC will remain unless they are manually changed in TMC after the first version of a job is configured as a task.

DPessin1667836076
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, i understand the logic now, it's like a shield. at first sight it's surprise, but now i see the logic of this. Resolved.