Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VDumitru
Contributor III
Contributor III

JMX issue when deploying route on Talend Remote Engine

Hi,

I have some issues with deploying routes on Talend Remote Engine (installed on premises, no Azure, no AWS) that has the possibility of doing this. As soon as I get to deploying the route I get the following message : Error opening connection to service:jmx:rmi://localhost:44444/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-trun

I've tried doing the steps from here https://community.talend.com/s/article/Dataservices-Routes-fail-on-Cloud-with-error-opening-connecti... but couldn't get anywhere, and I couldn't find any other info that could help me.

Labels (3)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have tried what is suggested in the article, I suggest you raise a Support case. This could be a number of configuration issues and they will be able to hold a Zoom session with you to look at it themselves if necessary.

AWard1652952961
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have a fix on this issue? Challenging a relative issue yet no response from anyone and couldn't see this point taking a gander at in google.

OptOnline

VDumitru
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In my specific case, there were two issues.

Because I wasn't accustomed with Talend Cloud, I thought that I could run the routes on RE without a runtime. So I had to install the runtime, and to fix it completely I had to move the import of the MemoryIdempotentRepository from

"org.apache.camel.processor.idempotent.MemoryIdempotentRepository" to "org.apache.camel.support.processor.idempotent.MemoryIdempotentRepository"

PeggieP
Contributor
Contributor

A simple solution could be simply to give some more Heap-memory to the Java-Engine (-Xmx) but this only helps, if the application needs exactly as much memory.

LHI Provider Portal

RGomez1658732621
Contributor II
Contributor II

Troubleshooting JMX connection issues

If you experience problems connecting remotely to an MBean server using JMX, it may be helpful to obtain some tracing information.

For details on connecting remotely to an MBean server, see Using JConsole to access the Derby MBeans and Using custom Java code to access the Derby MBeans.

The JMX implementation in the Oracle JDK uses the java.util.logging API to log JMX traces. For example, in order to trace SSL connection issues, set the system property java.util.logging.config.file as shown in the following:

java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties MyJmxClient

With JConsole, a separate logging window will appear if you specify the following option when you start JConsole (see Using JConsole to access the Derby MBeans), as long as the logging.properties file is found:

-J-Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties

The logging.properties file should specify log handlers and logging levels, as in the following example:

handlers = java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

.level = INFO

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level=FINEST

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter=java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

// Level FINEST is suitable for diagnosing SSL-related JMX remote

// connection issues.

javax.management.level=FINEST

javax.management.remote.level=FINEST

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

I do not have a solution but to make it clear. The Talend Runtime will be steered by JMX.

The deployment and also activating, deactivating service is done by JMX.

You can use the VisualVM tool from Oracle or the jconsole to test the JMX connection.

The given URL refers to a local installation. Is this the case? Do you have everything on only one server? If you use a Talend Remote Engine, actually with settings to localhost, it can hardly work! You have to setup the correct IP address.

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

Do you use a TAC or the TMC?