Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rphilips7161
Contributor
Contributor

Error when using the Move to Cloud Project Analysis Tool

I am planning to migrate from on prem 7.0 to Talend Cloud. The first step was to download the GitHub repository and create the \tmp folder. I have the repository, tool and tmp folder on the h: drive. I am receiving this error:

PS H:\talend_project_analysis_Q4-1\talend_project_analysis> .\talend_project_analysis_run.ps1 --context_param customer

_repo_root=H:\\Talend-master\\Talend-master\\CB_GIT_PROD --context_param report_file_root=H:\\Migration_Talend

Move to Talend Cloud Project Analysis Tool

Version: 2020-08 release 0.1

For support, access the Talend Community Move to Cloud Self Service:

https://community.talend.com

.------------+-------------.

|  Artifact Summary  |

|=-----------+------------=|

|artifactType|artifactCount|

|=-----------+------------=|

|Standard |611   |

'------------+-------------'

[statistics] disconnected

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/jlo/talendcomp/excel/SpreadsheetFile

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_1Process(talend_projec

t_analysis.java:28356)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tHashInput_3Process(talend_project_analysis.j

ava:27481)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tHashInput_5Process(talend_project_analysis.j

ava:12168)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(talend_project_analy

sis.java:9869)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tFileList_1Process(talend_project_analysis.ja

va:7139)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tFileInputXML_3Process(talend_project_analysi

s.java:5547)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.tJava_2Process(talend_project_analysis.java:3

411)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.runJobInTOS(talend_project_analysis.java:1670

6)

at tdye_op2c_1.talend_project_analysis_0_1.talend_project_analysis.main(talend_project_analysis.java:16438)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.jlo.talendcomp.excel.SpreadsheetFile

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Any thoughts why I am having this issue?

Thanks Bob

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

It looks like you are missing some class files. The version of the analysis tool you have is pretty old. Can you download the latest version from the community?

Thanks,

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

It looks like you are missing some class files. The version of the analysis tool you have is pretty old. Can you download the latest version from the community?

Thanks,

Tom

rphilips7161
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your response! I clicked on the link in the Talend Project Analysis Tool document and downloaded again but it looks like the same file (10/26/2020 rL48 PM file date and time). The version in the window after start is 2020-08 release 0.1. I am attaching a screen shot of the page I downloaded from. I am re-running to see if this download works. Is there any issue running this on the H drive instead of the C drive?

I will let you know if it works this time.

Thanks for your help

rphilips7161
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I decided to run this on the C drive and it worked fine. Not sure why I had issues earlier, maybe the version from the last download was better.

Thanks, Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, I will try to recreate on a 'non-C' drive and update the program in one of the next release cycles. Thanks!

Tom