Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTro
Contributor
Contributor

Native connectors in Talend Studio

Hi all.

I created a custom connection in TMC and I was able to use it in talend studio creating some context parameters with following naming convention: connectin_<connectionApplicationName>_<connectionParameterName>. All worked fine!

I saw in the tmc connection section that is possible to create some native connections such as ftp, dropbox, ecc.. but I'm not able to use them from talend studio in the previous way. Is it possible? If yes, how?

In this page the creation is described but not the use from talend studio:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/management-console-user-guide/creating-connection-using-native-connector

Thanks

Labels (5)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Michele Trombacca​ , What do you meant 'not able to use them from studio? If the job is executed in studio, the variables will use the default value defined in Context view. If the job run in TMC, it will use the value from connection you selected. What your expected behavior?

Regards

Shong

MTro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​.

I will explain that with an example.

I created a native connection in tmc. The type of this connection is AWS MySQL.

To get the connection parameters in the job I should create the context parameters named connecion_AWS MySQL_<parameter name> (following the naming convention that works for custom connection).

But this is impossible because AWS MySQL contains a space and the spaces are not allowed in context parameters names. Anyway this naming convention doesn't work for native types that don't contain spaces.

Hope I was more clearer.

Regards