Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sversave
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Change tenant in Qlik Data Transfer

Hello everybody,

We have a client who wants to move from QlikView to Qlik Sense SaaS. We want to use the Qlik DataTransfer tool to move their on-premise data to the cloud. However, the client is still waiting on their QS SaaS license.

Would it be possible to temporarily link the Qlik DataTransfer  to our company tenant and later change the tenant to our client's tenant? If so, how could we change tenants?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regargds,

sversave

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @sversave,

You can change the tenant details by navigating to Settings on the right top corner as below and change the tenant details:

However, you will have to set up everything again including the data connections, reload schedules, etc. The reason is that the API key and tenant will be from your company.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know!

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @sversave,

You can change the tenant details by navigating to Settings on the right top corner as below and change the tenant details:

However, you will have to set up everything again including the data connections, reload schedules, etc. The reason is that the API key and tenant will be from your company.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know!

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Vegar
MVP
MVP

If this is a new setup then I would consider not to use the Qlik Data Transfer, but instead focus on the new Di new  Direct Access Gateway. There might still be use cases where QDT is needed, but for many setups the Direct Access will be  a better choice.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/setting-up-gate...

sversave
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thank you for replying! Could you elaborate a bit more on why Direct Access Gateways would be the better choice? This is my first migration project.

Kind regards,

Sversave

Vegar
MVP
MVP

This is my thoughts on why I would choose Direct Access Gateway over Qlik Data Transfer.

• I see it a much cleaner architecture
  • By using Direct Access Gateway you can trigger the data fetch from Qlik when you need it as you would do if you where working in an onprem environment. You don't need to schedule the data transfer by a clock  in the Qlik Data Transfer.
  • The complexity of managing will be smaller as Qlik Sense will be the one stop shop for all developers after you have installed the gateway. You don't need to do remote desktop connections to the onprem in order to change which data or when to load data. 
  • The signals I get from talking to Qlik-people is that QDT is the old way and Direct Access Gateway is the replacement. So I don't expect much development happening to the QDT.
  •