Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error when trying to migrate app to SaaS with Migration Apps

Hi,

When running the 7_migrateapps.ps1 script I get the following error:

Warning: the app is targeted to be imported in a space that does not exist in the tenant. Please add the 'SPACE_NAME' space to your tenant and re-import the app.

The space SPACE_NAME is a shared space and exists in the tenant. It seems the 7_migrateapps.ps1 is failing to filter the space in the following statement:

$evaluatedspace= qlik space ls --filter ('name eq \"' + $evaluatedpacename + '\"') | ConvertFrom-Json

Error: {
"code": "",
"title": "filter not valid",
"detail": "filter attribute is not supported",
"errors": [
{
"code": "Spaces-65",
"meta": {}
}
],
"traceId": "79ff8dc1a49a419bef1dda6a5a734b04"
}

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

So, I did more tests and the problem is with the escape characters, which behave differently on the standard Windows Powershell and Powershell run on non-Windows platforms.

When running scripts on Mac or other unix platforms, the \ before the " needs to be removed.

So:
qlik space ls --filter('name eq \"Shared\"')    -  works on Powershell for Windows, doesn't work on Powershell for Mac

qlik space ls --filter('name eq "Shared"')    -  works on Powershell for Mac, doesn't work on Powershell for Windows

----

So, assuming you are using a non-Windows version of the Powershell, I would recommend trying to change 

$evaluatedspace= qlik space ls --filter ('name eq \"' + $evaluatedpacename + '\"') | ConvertFrom-Json 

into

$evaluatedspace= qlik space ls --filter ('name eq "' + $evaluatedpacename + '"') | ConvertFrom-Json

----

If you are using Powershell for Windows, then it's something related to escape characters in your environment.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Daniele! I'm working in Windows Server.

UPDATE: I was using version 7 of Powershell and switched to version 5. Now it works properly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @FranciscoQ ,
by any chance.... are you running the powershell on a Mac?

I tried to run the same exact command on a powershell for Mac, and I am getting your same error:

qlik space ls --filter('name eq \"Shared\"')

Flag "filter" is experimental and it may change between releases.

Error: {            

"code": "",

--- 

The same exact command works on a Powershell for Windows, so I suspect it might be something environmental.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

So, I did more tests and the problem is with the escape characters, which behave differently on the standard Windows Powershell and Powershell run on non-Windows platforms.

When running scripts on Mac or other unix platforms, the \ before the " needs to be removed.

So:
qlik space ls --filter('name eq \"Shared\"')    -  works on Powershell for Windows, doesn't work on Powershell for Mac

qlik space ls --filter('name eq "Shared"')    -  works on Powershell for Mac, doesn't work on Powershell for Windows

----

So, assuming you are using a non-Windows version of the Powershell, I would recommend trying to change 

$evaluatedspace= qlik space ls --filter ('name eq \"' + $evaluatedpacename + '\"') | ConvertFrom-Json 

into

$evaluatedspace= qlik space ls --filter ('name eq "' + $evaluatedpacename + '"') | ConvertFrom-Json

----

If you are using Powershell for Windows, then it's something related to escape characters in your environment.

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Daniele! I'm working in Windows Server.

UPDATE: I was using version 7 of Powershell and switched to version 5. Now it works properly.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I just realized that my Windows version of Powershell is also 5 and the Mac one is 7. So, yes... the issue might be there. I'll report this internally, thanks!