Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishaan_Kumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hide and show on a sheet in Qlik sense

The scenario is as follows:-

I have a home sheet .
It has 6 buttons 
On clicking the 4 buttons, user should remain on the same sheet. However, charts in container may vary depending upon the value saved in a variable .
On clicking the rest 2 buttons, user shall land on a different sheet.
Simultaneously, the rest 2 sheet should be hidden because I don't the user to know that I have created 2 different sheets for the same.

When I applied, the same on button i.e  
1) Action to change the value of variable
2) Navigation to go to another sheet 

What condition shall I put so that when I land on a sheet , the rest two are automatically hidden.

However, when put show hide condition on a sheet depending upon a variable, the sheet goes inactive before it can land onto another sheet.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use 2 variables to make the sheet inactive after you land on the other sheet, in example variables can be named buttonClicked and hideSheet, both with a default value of 0.

When the button is clicked you can set buttonClicked to 1 and navigate to the other sheet.

The landing page can have a sheet action that sets hideSheet to one only when buttonClicked=1, like:

=If(buttonClicked=1, 1, 0)

The button page may have a show condition like: =hideSheet=0

The other shhet 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use 2 variables to make the sheet inactive after you land on the other sheet, in example variables can be named buttonClicked and hideSheet, both with a default value of 0.

When the button is clicked you can set buttonClicked to 1 and navigate to the other sheet.

The landing page can have a sheet action that sets hideSheet to one only when buttonClicked=1, like:

=If(buttonClicked=1, 1, 0)

The button page may have a show condition like: =hideSheet=0

The other shhet