Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishaan_Kumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hide and show on a sheet in Qlik sense

The scenario is as follows:-

I have a home sheet .
It has 6 buttons 
On clicking the 4 buttons, user should remain on the same sheet. However, charts in container may vary depending upon the value saved in a variable .
On clicking the rest 2 buttons, user shall land on a different sheet.
Simultaneously, the rest 2 sheet should be hidden because I don't the user to know that I have created 2 different sheets for the same.

When I applied, the same on button i.e  
1) Action to change the value of variable
2) Navigation to go to another sheet 

What condition shall I put so that when I land on a sheet , the rest two are automatically hidden.

However, when put show hide condition on a sheet depending upon a variable, the sheet goes inactive before it can land onto another sheet.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use 2 variables to make the sheet inactive after you land on the other sheet, in example variables can be named buttonClicked and hideSheet, both with a default value of 0.

When the button is clicked you can set buttonClicked to 1 and navigate to the other sheet.

The landing page can have a sheet action that sets hideSheet to one only when buttonClicked=1, like:

=If(buttonClicked=1, 1, 0)

The button page may have a show condition like: =hideSheet=0

The other shhet 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use 2 variables to make the sheet inactive after you land on the other sheet, in example variables can be named buttonClicked and hideSheet, both with a default value of 0.

When the button is clicked you can set buttonClicked to 1 and navigate to the other sheet.

The landing page can have a sheet action that sets hideSheet to one only when buttonClicked=1, like:

=If(buttonClicked=1, 1, 0)

The button page may have a show condition like: =hideSheet=0

The other shhet