Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Migrating from QlikView to Qlik SaaS - Performance Implications of mashups/framing

My organization has been using QlikView for ten years and we're on the path to moving to Qlik SaaS.  I'm exploring using mashups or iframes to control the user experience (our users are basic consumers and I'm worried about the complexity of the experience vs what they've had in QlikView).  What, if any, performance implications could I expect leveraging these options?  Other than performance, are there any other drawbacks to this approach?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi - The APIs in Qlik Cloud are really good.  Have a look at qlik.dev.  You can certainly create a simple iFrame based integration or have a look at the Capability API for something a little more integrated.  Assuming your app performs well, you should have no performance issues from embedding that content.    Finally, while this page is discussing migration of Qlik Sense on-premise to Qlik Cloud, a lot of the concepts will be relevant to you in terms of setting up the integration, authentication, and a simple example. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/migration/Content/Migration/qliksense-saas-migrating-mashups.htm

Hope this helps

Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi - The APIs in Qlik Cloud are really good.  Have a look at qlik.dev.  You can certainly create a simple iFrame based integration or have a look at the Capability API for something a little more integrated.  Assuming your app performs well, you should have no performance issues from embedding that content.    Finally, while this page is discussing migration of Qlik Sense on-premise to Qlik Cloud, a lot of the concepts will be relevant to you in terms of setting up the integration, authentication, and a simple example. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/migration/Content/Migration/qliksense-saas-migrating-mashups.htm

Hope this helps

Marcus

peted
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Markus - those are great resources (I've been using both).  It's good to hear that performance shouldn't be an issue - it should really open up a lot of options for us.