Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ownership of automation

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to assign an automation to a group (group created using an AD from identity provider) inster of just an user id ?

What would be the best practise regarding that.

Aside from that Is there a way to move away the automation from the personal space ?

Or maybe the best way to do that would be to create a service ID user account and to allocate the automation to that account ?

Thank you

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @random_user_3869 ,

at the moment it's currently not possible to assign an automation to a group or move it to a shared space.

However, we have changes coming in future versions around this area, so stay tuned.

As for creating a "service" account just for owning automations, I guess that should be fine as long as your company's policies allow for such types of accounts.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for the response I appreciate !

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @random_user_3869 ,

at the moment it's currently not possible to assign an automation to a group or move it to a shared space.

However, we have changes coming in future versions around this area, so stay tuned.

As for creating a "service" account just for owning automations, I guess that should be fine as long as your company's policies allow for such types of accounts.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for the response I appreciate !

Luismap77
Contributor II
Contributor II

As always, administration tasks, simpler in any other tool, are basically impossible in qlik sense. It has not evolved at all since it appeared on the market.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Luismap77 ,

most of our customers can administer Qlik Sense without any particular problem. Do you have any issue that you need to address?

Luismap77
Contributor II
Contributor II

without any particular problem? Do you see the questions? Can you see how many questions go nowhere?
Just because users don't complain openly, doesn't mean it works well.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Luismap77 ,
I see the questions. If the product didn't "work well" or administration was "impossible" I am sure we would lose more customers than we are gaining.
If you are unhappy about specific issues, please make a separate post about it or log an idea. If anything is broken, please reach out to support for assistance.

We are here to listen.