Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsharma_velcro
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Tabular Report - Hyperlink not working in PDF report

Hi,

I have created a report in Tabular using Page feature (from  Levels and pages option). I have created a "Table of contents" in the first sheet where I need to give hyperlink for each of the pages/sheets.

Since I am using Page feature, the final report sheets are yet to be created (will be created during report run time). While creating the hyperlink to the individual sheets, I am using Hyperlink function of excel to create the hyperlink

eg:

=HYPERLINK("#Main!A1","Main Sheet")

This works great if I preview the report in Excel. However, doesn't work in PDF.

I cannot use Insert -> Link option in excel to enter the hyperlink as the sheets are not created yet in the template.

Any idea how can I get the hyperlink working in pdf!

Regards,

Bhaskar

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @bsharma_velcro 

I spoke to a colleague that was helping you in the support case and asked them to redirect you here in the community for assistance.

Please upload a sample tabular report template and sample app as we will test it for you here to see if we can make it work.

We will then test in xlsx format, then in pdf format (as you have done) to reproduce the result you are seeing and determine if there is a workaround.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

I've done some tests and can't make it work. It seems to be a limitation of PDF exporting rather than tabular report limitation.

For example if you try to print/export your tabular report directly to a pdf within Microsoft excel save/print features, it doesn't work for me there either. The exported MS excel PDF does not enable a link when saved/exported/downloaded

Also excel wants to print the PDF sheets individually out of excel directly so it seems another problem with MS excel/pdf save/print feature. MS excel want to print 1 pdf per sheet even when choosing print entire workbook in the print options.

Therefore it appears to be a limitation of PDF export from excel and not a tabular report limitation.
See attached.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bsharma_velcro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @Frank_S

Working of the hyperlink is very vital for our reports as they are long reports with many pages. Without hyperlink it will become difficult for users to navigate.

Can you please suggest any workaround to this!

Regards,

Bhaskar

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi again...as mentioned it seems a microsoft limitation not a tabular reporting issue.

Please test this in MS excel directly as suggested and you should see the same problem. I provided sample files as well.

Perhaps you can mention this in the microsoft help community here for a workaround if one exists but it seems a microsoft excel limitation:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Kind regards...