Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BhaskarSharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Tabular Reporting

Hi,

I have been testing Tabular reporting as an alternative for NPrinting when we move from on-prem Qlik Enterprise to Qlik Cloud.

I found some shortcomings in the tool, just wanted to check if it's my own lack of understanding or there are in fact shortcomings in the Tabular reporting.

1. Not able to put two tables with varying heights side by side. The output (both in Excel and PDF) loses the aesthetics (unwanted extra rows appear out of nowhere)

2. While using Levels & Pages, not able to control the page break in the PDF output. eg, using level, I wanted to create single page report for each of the 4 regions. However, in the output, the contents of the regions spill into different pages. Basically, I am not able to control the page breaks for PDF output (I tried to fix the page break in excel, but that didn't work either)

3. I couldn't find a way to apply filter at element/object level. eg, I have a report for Americas region, all calculations in USD. However, few of the objects in the report are to be shown in CAD, but 
I couldn't find any way to put a filter at individual object level.

If anyone has encountered similar issues, please let me know if you were able to find any workaround.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Camilla84
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, @BhaskarSharma 

Let's see if I can help:

1)Can you attatch a screenshot with this heights issues so I can better understand it?

2) To better format Excel page you need to come here: 

Camilla84_0-1721136442413.png

All these 4 buttons will help you to format the report both for Excel and PDF format. You need to fine adjust untill your report looks ok to you and that takes a few testing and previews until you find the perfect formating for your report, but it works.

3) Now we have OnDemand option for tabular reporting and that can help you with that: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/reports-on-dem... - You can select CAD for the specific charts you need and create the report. 

View solution in original post

Camilla84

@BhaskarSharma please try to uncheck the "Expand Range" and run another preview. More context here 

Camilla84_0-1721413583091.png

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/excel-add-in-t... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Camilla84

Hi, @BhaskarSharma 

Let's see if I can help:

1)Can you attatch a screenshot with this heights issues so I can better understand it?

2) To better format Excel page you need to come here: 

Camilla84_0-1721136442413.png

All these 4 buttons will help you to format the report both for Excel and PDF format. You need to fine adjust untill your report looks ok to you and that takes a few testing and previews until you find the perfect formating for your report, but it works.

3) Now we have OnDemand option for tabular reporting and that can help you with that: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/reports-on-dem... - You can select CAD for the specific charts you need and create the report. 

BhaskarSharma
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @Camilla84. The point number 2 is sorted.

Here's the screenshot of the issue I raised in point 1.

BhaskarSharma_2-1721207350464.png

BhaskarSharma_3-1721207496829.png

The table on the right is taking up as much space as the table on the left, despite having much fewer rows.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Camilla84

@BhaskarSharma please try to uncheck the "Expand Range" and run another preview. More context here 

Camilla84_0-1721413583091.png

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/excel-add-in-t... 

Angelika_BrunnerZorez
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @BhaskarSharma,

sounds like you've been wrestling with some tricky reporting issues!

1. Side-by-Side Tables: Extra rows popping up is like having unexpected party guests.

2. Page Breaks: Page breaks playing hard to get can feel like a mischievous breeze scattering your papers.

3. Element-Level Filters: Mixing USD and CAD and having them play nice can be a real challenge.

If these quirks are driving you up the wall, Mail & Deploy might be worth a look. It handles table layouts smoothly, controls page breaks like a pro, and offers precise filters for different currencies.

If you are interested in seeing how it works, just let me know!

Greetings