Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Combine Qlik Tabular Reporting and Qlik Application Automation

Hello,

I just wanted to have an overview of tabular cloud reporting.

Let's say i create an automation for task chaining.

And lets say the name of the front end application is SALES.

SO i have two back-end application : MODEL_SALES and EXTRACT_SALES

So i want to crate an automation with taskchaining so i do the following

start bloc --> Reload Extract_Sales --> Reload Model --> Reload Sales.

Can i link a report created from tabular reborting and put it this way:

start bloc --> Reload Extract_Sales --> Reload Model --> Reload Sales --> Xls_Report_Tabular_Reporting_Sales

So it count as 1 RUN ?

or in order  to do the task chaining + Update and distribution of the xls report it must count as 2 SEPARATE RUNS ?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can i link a report created from tabular reborting and put it this way: start bloc --> Reload Extract_Sales --> Reload Model --> Reload Sales --> Xls_Report_Tabular_Reporting_Sales ?

-->  There is no QAA block (currently) to trigger a tabular report task.  Alternatively, you can configure the report task to automatically execute when the 'reload sales' app reloads. Therefore, when you execute the automation and task chain and the 'reload sales' app reloads, the report task will be executed automatically. 

So it count as 1 RUN ?or in order  to do the task chaining + Update and distribution of the xls report it must count as 2 SEPARATE RUNS ?

--> A single Qlik App Automation execution will count as 1 run. You can have as many blocks as you like in the automation including multiple reloads and it is still 1 run.

--> A report task execution will execute the report inside the task and count as 1 report.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can i link a report created from tabular reborting and put it this way: start bloc --> Reload Extract_Sales --> Reload Model --> Reload Sales --> Xls_Report_Tabular_Reporting_Sales ?

-->  There is no QAA block (currently) to trigger a tabular report task.  Alternatively, you can configure the report task to automatically execute when the 'reload sales' app reloads. Therefore, when you execute the automation and task chain and the 'reload sales' app reloads, the report task will be executed automatically. 

So it count as 1 RUN ?or in order  to do the task chaining + Update and distribution of the xls report it must count as 2 SEPARATE RUNS ?

--> A single Qlik App Automation execution will count as 1 run. You can have as many blocks as you like in the automation including multiple reloads and it is still 1 run.

--> A report task execution will execute the report inside the task and count as 1 report.