Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herard_bertrand
Partner - Contributor III

Reloading QlikView in Qlik Cloud

Hello,

in order to facilitate a migration from QlikView on-premise to Qlik Sense Cloud, we'd like to host QlikView applications in Qlik Cloud. Is there a way to refresh QlikView Applications in Qlik Cloud ?

I think it's not possible using the interface, is there a way with the Qlik Sense API ?

Best regards

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @herard_bertrand 

It is currently not possible to reload QlikView apps in the cloud, not even via API calls.
You will need at least a Publisher or find some other ways of performing local reloads (like on a Desktop Client) and then publish the app via the API calls.

If you any idea on how to improve the process, feel the provide it on details on our Ideation page.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @herard_bertrand 

It is currently not possible to reload QlikView apps in the cloud, not even via API calls.
You will need at least a Publisher or find some other ways of performing local reloads (like on a Desktop Client) and then publish the app via the API calls.

If you any idea on how to improve the process, feel the provide it on details on our Ideation page.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
herard_bertrand
Author

Thanks for the answer

that's such a pity,

I thought that QlikView (v12+) and Qlik Sense got the same data engine and so we could reload QlikView apps in the Cloud.

As Qlik often pushes (I mean often strongly invite 😉 ) customers to move from QlikView to Qlik Sense.

It could have been a good point to host and Reload QlikView applications on Qlik Cloud. This scenario allows you to just keep a QlikView DeskTop and dump quickly every On Premise QlikView Server (cost optimization).

But  with actual way of working, we are force to keep QlikView Servers until everything is migrated in Qlik Sense.

herard_bertrand
Author

Hi,

I added an ideation here :

https://ideation.qlik.com/app/#/case/332134

for interested-in visitors, do not hesitate to like this idea in the link above.

Thanks

Best regards