Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjun0306
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section access in Qlik Cloud is not working

Hi,

kjun0306_0-1701734615385.png

I have this in my Qlik Sense Data load script, but both users always see all names in Samples.

What did I miss?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Only on correction, you have to do in while loading data

You must need to add reduction field in Load script too. it can ok if you avoid in select statement.

Load Name, ID, ID as REDUCTION;

Select Name, ID From Samples;

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need to have the REDUCTION field in that data model when script is finished. Try to include the REDUCTION field, or do the section access on the ID field instead  .

The data reduction is not done during script execution,  but when the app is opened by the user.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PrashantSangle

Only on correction, you have to do in while loading data

You must need to add reduction field in Load script too. it can ok if you avoid in select statement.

Load Name, ID, ID as REDUCTION;

Select Name, ID From Samples;

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need to have the REDUCTION field in that data model when script is finished. Try to include the REDUCTION field, or do the section access on the ID field instead  .

The data reduction is not done during script execution,  but when the app is opened by the user.

kjun0306
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you! That was it! I had REDUCTION in the select statement instead of LOAD section. It is working as expected now.